03

- Miu's Pov -

"This is where, we're going?"

Even though it was in the middle of the night, one could obviously see how run-down the building looked. It looked like it was about to collapse at any moment or the breeze would just blow it away.

"Miu, must you judge everything so harshly?"

"Well sometimes I wonder, but this so called abandoned warehouse seems suspicious."

"I'm sure it's fine, I've checked all the escape routes."

"You're sure oozing confidence on your first real job at the front, Yumi."

"I suppose I learnt from the best."

Rolling my eyes towards her, I pull my black hood tighter around my face.

"Just don't get lost ok?"

"I'm not a child, Miu, but sure."

As she flashes me a small smile, we quickly make our way inside.

"I just have a bad feeling about this place."

It was completely dark and the only light source was the moon. Luckily enough, it lit up most of the place as it shined through the windows.

There were several spider webs all over the place and you could even see the dust floating in the air.

"Are you sure that's not just because I'm here Miu?"

"You're seriously a princess aren't you, Yumi?"

Giving her a harsh stare, I began to hear noises coming from below.

"There's someone here?"

"Looks like it."

"Not as abandoned as we'd hoped Yumi, I guess we'll have to be more careful then."

"I was so sure they should have been gone today though..."

"Don't beat yourself up, that doesn't change anything. We'll just have to be a bit more careful!"

"I guess so..."

Staring towards her, I sigh, taking her hand in mine.

"Don't worry we'll be ok. You know the drill."

As Yumi nodded in response, we slowly made our way towards the stairs.

Reaching the upper floor, we carefully glanced around the corner first; making sure no one was up here.

With no one in sight, we advanced towards the end of the hall. After a few more corners, we had finally found the room we had been searching for.

It was even darker in here, as most windows had been covered with blankets.

The room was quite big and besides a few shelves, a desk and a chair, there wasn't anything in it at all.

"It should be here right?"

With Yumi nodding at me, she stepped ahead going forward, until she reached some of the shelves.

I went to the desk, searching for our target object.

"This place sure is old."

With my hand, I tried reading some of the documents, which were scattered across the desk. However, as luck would have it, they were cover in a thick layer of dust, forcing me to give up, before I'd even began.

Leaning back onto the desk, I stared out of the window. The moon light, which barely got through the covers on the windows, illuminated the dust in the air.