Chapter 6

Thank god today was Tuesday. I had a second chance to talk to that hottie Tate, I was determined! I started writing in my journal yesterday when I got home because I had a valid reason to:

          I  got home from talking to my new counselor Kaitlin. She was.. OK as far as counselors go. Then I saw that hot guy Tate, he didn't talk to me, which was fucking rude. Thank god today is Monday, so at least I'll get to see him tomorrow, hopefully. That sick fuck Paul was going through my underwear drawer when I went into my room, so I pushed him away and shut my drawer shut. I yelled at him not to touch my shit, but he grabbed my wrist and threw me on the bed and punched the back of my head. I got knocked out and I don't remember shit, but I just know that I'm hurting again. I'm assuming he raped me again. I wish Ryan would have kicked his ass. I wish someone cared about me. I'm hoping mom saw her doctor again and got more Oxy so that I can try to overdose again. I'm sick of this life. 

            I'm not sure if I want to show mrs. perfect my journal, I don't want her to admit me. I'm just really tired of being treated like crap. "Grace!" I closed my journal after re-reading the awful details of yesterday. I ran down stairs and peeked into the kitchen. Mom was putting together a nice roast and had several wine bottles around. "What's up?" Mom turned toward me. "I'm having a party tonight, you can either stay in your room or figure something else out." I frowned. "Oh yeah with my millions of friends, right? Emily isn't talking to me anymore mom. And my appointment is in an hour, what am I suppose to do?" Mom sighed in frustration. "God dammit Grace! Have Jake take you or something!" I sighed loudly and stomped upstairs. Fuck this! I grabbed a black skirt, an As I Lay Dying tank top, and some sexy leggings. I took a shower and straightened my black hair, put on black eye liner and put on my converse. I started walking to Mrs. Pearson's office. It wasn't too far, about an hour walk.. I had several cars honk at me and guys yelling things at me. I drowned out their wolf whistles with Bullet For My Valentine blasting in my ears from Pandora on my phone. 

          Finally I made it to my appointment and I saw Tate's car. OK Grace this is it! This is your time to shine! I walked in and saw him sitting in the car in the corner. He was listening to music also and he hung his head down playing on his phone again. His hair covered his face again and I just wanted to push him against the wall and.. OK back to reality. I checked in and sat next to him,crossing my legs. I saw him look at me in the corner of his eye and then look back to his phone. I started to play angry birds on my phone and play with my hair. He looked over at my wrists and pulled his headphones off. "You should probably cover that shit up.." I pulled an earbud out and looked over at him. " 'Scuse me?" He grabbed my wrist. "That shit.. you should cover that up. You have Pearson right? If she sees that, she's going to suggest to your mom you get admitted. They'll say you're suicidal." I pulled my wrist back. "I- I'm not, I don't have anything.." He took off a few of his rubber bracelets and pulled down his sleeves. He handed them to me. I took them and slid them on my wrists. "Thank you.." I tucked my hair behind my ear and put my headphones back in. I started to play with the bracelets, A Day to Remember and Slipknot. I love those bands.. I saw him smirk in the corner of my eye. 

           "Tate Sienna" He got up to head to the office, "good luck!" He smirked and went into the office. I touched and smelt the bracelets. Oh my god they smelt so good! They smelt like cologne! "Grace Palmer!" Oh god here we go.. I went into the office and sat in the chair. Today, Kaitlin had her hair pulled back into a pony tail. She had a black eye as well. "Trouble in paradise?" Kaitlin looked up at me from her papers and chuckled lightly, "No my son threw his bottle at my face. He's two, so we're trying to break him of that. Do you know any babies?" I crossed my legs, my arms and chuckled, "that's what they all say Pearson.." She frowned, "I'm not sure why you think I'd lie to you, Grace. Do you experience a lot of abuse in your household?" I frowned. "Well that's why I'm here isn't it?" Kaitlin pushed her glasses up, "I don't know Grace, is that the reason you self harm and try to commit suicide?" I shrugged. I refused to talk to Pearson for the rest of the session. "OK, well let's try again Thursday. See you Thursday, Grace." I stood up and walked out. I walked out of the office and saw Tate standing by his car smoking a cigarette. "Can I have one?" Tate held out his pack to me. I took a cigarette and he lit it for me. "God I'm so sick of Pearson! She thinks she fucking knows everything and everyone!" He blew out some smoke and looked at me. "Why are you here.." I glared at him.. "Why are you!?" He chuckled. "Fair enough, can I have my bracelets back?" I pulled my arm away and covered them, "No! Get your own these smell good!" He smirked and stomped out his cigarette. "Fine. Keep them." He went to get in his car and I sat on the hood. "Whoa, no. Get the fuck off my car." I crossed my legs and arms. "Only if you give me a ride." He sighed, "are you serious?"

              I turned my head away and kept my arms crossed. "Fine, get in." I squealed and jumped off. He closed him driver side door and locked it. Hey wait a minute.. I ran over to the passenger side door and tried to get in. He started the car and tried to take off, but I stood in front of his car and threw my arms up. "What the fuck dude!" He rolled his eyes and unlocked the passenger side door. I glared at him and rushed over to the door and got in. "Wow that was fucking rude!" He sighed in annoyance and took off. "Where are we going.." I looked out the window. "Um, can you drop me off.. at that place where the kids make out? What's that called? Lover's.. edge or something?" He was quiet for a second and then gripped the steering wheel. "Why.. don't you have a home to go to?" I fidgeted.  "Hardly." I felt a my eyes start to water and burn. I tried to hold back my tears because the last thing I wanted was to cry in this guy's car. He pulled up to the spot and I went to get out. "Wait" he grabbed my arm. I pulled back quickly and went to grab for the door again. "Stop, what are you doing?" I looked at him in a panic. "Please.. I just wanted a ride, OK?" He frowned. "Yeah, OK. But, just talk to me for a second?" I raised an eyebrow. "I know what that means, OK? I don't want to get raped, I don't want to give you head, and I don't want drugs. I'm leaving now.." He frowned at me again. "What the fuck? Is that why you don't want to go home?" 

             I stared at him for a second and frowned. "Excuse me? You don't know me, OK?" He chuckled. "Hey, look. All I wanted was to talk and you said you wanted to suck my dick.." I gasped in disgusted and got out of his car. What a creep! I went over by a tree and sat against it. I put on my headphones and clutched my phone. I started to cry a little, but tried to contain it. I saw someone standing in front of me and looked up to see him standing there. He knelt down and took off my headphones. "If you didn't want me to rape you, you probably shouldn't sit out here. Especially wearing that." I gasped. "Are you saying you're going to rape me!?" He laughed. "No, fuck. That came out wrong, huh? I'm saying you're sitting here against a tree in a skirt with your red panties shown to the world." I put my legs down and closed them, but immediately winced and opened my legs a little. He looked at me in shock. "What..is someone.. " I turned away and put my head down in shame. He sat on his legs in front of me. I looked up at him and studied his face. His snake bits were driving me crazy and his dark eyes made me swoon. He stood up and got back in his car. I looked over at him confused as he sat there, his feet rested on the dashboard. 

          I got up and got back in his car. "What are you doing?" He sighed and lit up another cigarette. "Ah, you know. Just enjoying the.. sights and shit." I chuckled. "Yeah, OK." "So, Grace.. is it?" I nodded and played with my hair. He pulled some vodka out from under his seat. He took a swig of it and handed it to me. I drank a little of it and handed it back. "You wanted to know why I was in counseling? First you have to tell me why you don't want to go home.." I fidgeted. Was that worth it? Maybe I'll tell him a little of the truth. "My mom's having a party and she has a boyfriend with a creepy son." He nodded. "Alright, fair enough. Well, I cut myself too. My parents fight all the time, my brother is a druggie and his girlfriend is a druggie, and uh.. yeah. My mom thought it would be a good idea if I talked to someone." I looked over at him as he gazed at the city before us. "That sucks I'm sorry." He looked over at me. "Alright, now that we're being truthful, who rapes you?" I frowned at looked down. "N-no one." He chuckled. "OK." I glared at him. "Can I just sleep?" He looked over at me after taking another drink of vodka. "I don't care." 

         I crossed my arms and leaned against the door. It felt twenty minutes passed and I kept hearing Tate drink from the bottle. I heard him sigh and he moved closer to me. He put his hand on my leg and started to move it up. I opened my eyes and part of me wanted to straddle him, but I didn't want it to be that way with us. I grabbed his hand and pushed it off. "Please don't." He grabbed my arm and pushed me against the door. "Tate! Stop please!" He pulled away and sat back down. He punched the dashboard and put his hand on his face. I felt my heart racing. "Tate.." He looked over at me and I could tell he was getting drunk. "Fuck Grace. I know you wore that skirt because of me. Why can't I just fuck you.." I frowned and looked down. He was right. I'm so stupid. I wanted him to notice me, but I didn't want to have sex with him. "I.. I didn't wear this because of you." He laughed. "Yeah and you weren't begging me to notice you yesterday." I frowned. "Fuck you Tate." I got out and started walking off. I heard the car start and he took off. I didn't want him to drive drunk, but there's nothing I can do now. If I call the police on him, he'll never talk to me again.