Chapter 8

I laid down on the edge of Tate's bed as he rested his head against his wall. He chuckled and threw my panties at me. Oh my god... I grabbed them and quickly put them on. "Did you see my ass??" Tate laughed. "Hell yeah I did." I pushed him and rested my head down again. "Tate.. why do your parents fight.." Tate sighed. "My dad hates my mom and only stays with her for me." I rolled over and looked up at him. "Why does your dad hate your mom?" Tate looked down at me. "Because my mom molested me when I was a kid." I sat up and my heart dropped. What.. the.. fuck. "Are you.. Really?" Tate nodded and stared off at the wall as he bit his lip. I could tell he was fighting back tears. I put my hand on his leg and moved closer to him. "Tate.. I'm so sorry. I can kind of relate.. like I said, my uncle raped me when I was a kid." Tate looked at me. "Do you live with your uncle?" I shook my head. "Then you don't know how it is. My dad's constantly deployed and I'm stuck here with her. She still tries to come on to me and it's fucking sick. The sick thing is, when I was a kid.. I thought it was OK. I thought 'that's just what mommies do to show their sons they love them'. The other sad thing is.. I still love her. I still care about her. I still worry about her. I'm afraid she's going to O.D. or something. She's always cheating on my dad.. I'm sure you saw her new guy out there." He turned away from me and I could see he was shaking. "Tate.." I moved closer to him and put my head on his chest. He put his arm around me. 

                "And your mom put you in counseling?" "Huh. Yeah. Sick. I know. She thought I was the problem. That I was the one that needed help." I formed a fist on his chest and held back tears. Poor Tate. What a sick bitch. Tate rubbed my arm and grabbed another Molly. "Yeah, and now I self medicate. Keep myself fucked up so I won't see how fucked up my life is." He popped it in his mouth and grabbed a bottle of tequila. He took a few large drinks and offered me some. I drank as much as I could and scrunched up my face afterwards. That shit is strong. He pushed up my chin. "Why do you let all those guys hurt you?" I shrugged. "Because I'm worthless." He chuckled. "Yeah, OK." I pushed him. "Don't be so fucking rude!" We heard Ryan's car finally take off. "Bout fucking time.." I chuckled. "Well.. you did fuck him up pretty good." Tate nodded in agreement. "Yeah, well.. it wasn't too hard." Tate's phone started to ring for Skype. "Shit." Tate reached over and grabbed it, sliding the answer button. Tate's dad appeared on the screen. "Hey superman! How are you doing?!" Tate laughed. "Better than you." Tate's dad laughed. "Yeah.. I'm going out in the field tomorrow. Fun stuff." Tate put his hand on the back of his head. "Really.." Tate's dad looked away. "Superman.. I know you're scared, but I'll be OK. I've done this a million times! And besides.. I have you to look after me!" Tate nodded. "Hey dad.. This is Grace." He pointed the phone at me and I waved, "Hi!" Tate's dad was pretty hot for an old guy.. He basically looked like Tate, but older and with short black hair. "Hi there Grace! I'm Jeff!" I smiled and Tate pointed the phone back at himself. "Dad.. Please don't go in the field. Just stay and do the medical shit like you always do.." Jeff put his hand behind his head and started to glitch out. "Te-" "Eh" -Disconnected- "Fuck!" Tate threw his phone and put his hands on his face. 

            I put my hand on Tate's arm. "It'll be OK.. Like he said, he did this a million times, it'll be OK." Tate moved his hands and looked at me. "I don't even know why I told you this shit, I just met you. It's probably the drugs. I'm taking you home Grace." I frowned. "Tate.. I have nobody to talk to. And from the looks of it, neither do you. Please I'm so tired. Just let me sleep. And.. I don't want to go home. Please don't make me go home." Tate nodded and rested his arm behind his head. "Fine. Go to sleep, but.. I'm taking you home afterward and we're ending this. We're not fucking friends, I'm not your boyfriend, we're nothing." I felt my heart ache. I nodded and laid at the edge of the bed again. Tate rolled over and put his arm over me. This guy is fucking with me. He's playing games, that's all he's doing.. 

           I rolled over and looked at him. "OK, if we're not friends or anything, why'd you put your arm around me?" He put his hand on my face and started kissing me. I couldn't help myself, I kissed him back. "Cuz you're fucking hot.." I bit my lip and got on top of him. I ran my fingers from his shoulder down his six pack. He put his hand up my skirt and on my ass. I moaned and he flipped me over and positioned himself between my legs. I put my hand on his back and the other behind his head. Grace! What are you doing? I thought we agreed we wouldn't be a slut! I gently pushed him off. "I'm.. not ready for that." He sighed loudly. "Yeah.. OK." I rested my head on his chest. God I wish I would have went through with that. 

            The next morning I woke up and Tate wasn't there. I got up and went into the living room. Tate's mom was sitting on the couch, this time with her shirt and bra off. She just sat there in her panties. "Oh hi Amy, Tate went to get me cigarettes." I looked away, "It's Grace.." She threw her hand up, "Amy, Grace, Becky.. You'll be just another name to Tate anyway." I walked outside and started walking home. Tate pulled up beside me, "What are you doing? Do you need a ride?" I shook my head. "I caused you enough problems, Tate. I don't want to be just another name.." He frowned. "OK.. What the hell are you talking about?" I ignored him and kept walking. Tate stopped the car and ran after me. "What the fuck, Grace! Did my mom say something?" He went to grab for my arm and I pulled away, "Who's Amy and Becky?" Tate laughed, "you tell me!" I sighed and looked at him. "Yeah, OK your mom said something. Your mom said I'd be just another name to you!" Tate looked at me in disgust. "Yeah and my mom also said that I asked to be raped by her. You'd fucking treat me like shit because of some stupid shit my mom said? Wow Grace.. You can fuck off. I don't know what the hell she's talking about. I don't talk to anyone. I didn't even want to talk to you. I keep to myself because I don't want anybody in my fucking business. I shouldn't have tried to change that. Just get the fuck out of here." 

              I turned away and started crying. I started walking down the hill and it took me about three hours to walk home. Finally, I arrived home and my feet were killing me. I walked inside the house at about 8 am. Mom was passed out on the couch and Sam was laying on the couch with her. The house was a mess! I went inside my room to get a change of clothes and Paul was sleeping on my bed. Fucking gross.. I took a shower and went inside Ada's room. She looked up at me and I cuddled next to her. "Where were you?" I gently pulled the hair out of her face. "A friend's house. Mom said I couldn't stay here while she had her party." Ada huffed. "I wish you were here. Paul came into my room.. He's gross." I sat up. "What do you mean Paul came in here.. Did he do anything to you Ada?" Ada turned away from me and started crying. Oh hell... NO! I pulled out my phone and texted Tate. Tate..  I know you hate me, but I'm pretty sure Paul raped Ada, my little sister. She's eight. What should I do? After about five minutes I got a text back, Where do you live.