chpt. one

LET'S GO!

~~

Leaves tapped on my window as the calming autumn breeze floated with them. The only thing not calming about the autumn season was that it meant school has finally begun once again. I didn't want to get out of bed and spend another year in highschool, but sadly I still had 3 more years to go.

Taking one last deep breath, I throw my legs off the bed and swing the rest of my body upwards to a sitting position.

"3 more years." I sighed before pushing myself off my comfy bed.

The feeling of the cold wooden floors send small chills up my spine but I shrug it off and head out of my room. Reaching the staircase, the smell of my mom's cooking was filling my nostrils and stomach with excitement.

"Hey mom." I greeted with a tired smile before taking my seat on the dinner table.

"Hi sweetie." She greeted back before placing a plate of scrambled eggs and some of the left over chicken nuggets from last night.

I dove into my meal, not waiting another second to devour it. This is just what happens when it's the first day of school and my nerves start to get to me. Even if I did go to the school already just a couple months ago, I still feared human interaction and possibly having to talk out loud.

Worst of all, I might even have to be forced to socialize especially after what happened last year. I accidentally groan at my embarrassment and end up choking on a chicken nugget I was chewing on.

I immediately grab my glass of water and start gulping it down, "Slow down, you don't want to die on your first day of school." My mom joked while patting my back.

Funny, because I kind of do.

"I'm gonna get ready now." I tell her while wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"Alright." She replies before taking my plate and placing it on the sink.

~~

After singing along to a few songs in the shower and doing my morning routine, I find myself nervously looking at my closest. I didn't want to get dressed, all I wanted to do was stay home and learn from here.

But my mom and dad can't afford to get me to be homeschooled.

"Whatever, let's get this over with." I sighed deeply before pulling out my favorite maroon hoodie, a black nike sports bra, my undies (IF YOU KNOW ME YOU ALREADY KNOW I HATE THE WORD PA**IES OKAY OML) and black leggings that made me feel okay about my body.

I slip them all on quickly and throw on my black, hightop converse shoes before brushing my curly, sunkissed brown mane down. Just when I thought I was early, my mom starts yelling downstairs that the bus was coming up the street.

"Shit!" I cursed before just forgetting about my hair and stuffing my comb in my bag.

Quickly grabbing my phone and earphones from my bedside, I throw my bag over my shoulder and storm out of my room.

"Bye mom!" I yelled almost out breath as I passed her through the kitchen.

"Have a good first day!"

"I doubt it!" I replied before running down our porch steps and onto the curb where the bus stop was.

Turning into the curb with my dampish hair flailing around, I stop my tracks as a sudden stranger looks over at my direction. I quickly divert my attention away from the teenage boy and watch the bus begin to pull over in front of us.

I've never seen that boy before.

I'm always the only one on this stop.

He must be new to the neighborhood.

Great.

Entering the traditional school bus, I immediately feel eyes darting at me and my face begins to heat up from how insecure it was making me feel. I toss my hood over my head and travel further down the bus, until I find a good empty seat at the back.

I let out a huge sigh of relief after all eyes were off me and drop my body down onto the seat. Instinctively, I place my earphones correctly into my ears and begin to play any song that was on my playlist.

Thankfully, the whole journey to school consisted of me sitting alone because I didn't want anyone sitting next to me. Human interaction was one of my biggest fears, I hated talking to anyone other than my parents.

Many people think I'm crazy but I just think it's playing safe. Who knows if I'm the type of person who gets attached and ends up getting heart broken if they suddenly left me hanging?

I didn't want to risk it.

That's how it's been practically my whole life and that's how I want it to stay for a longer time.

The bus pulls over at our school and everyone begins to exit while I patiently wait for everyone to get down. I didn't want to get pushed around while trying to get down. Hell no.

Once everyone seemed to be gone, I quickly make my way out and jog over to the entrance. Dramatically, I gulped as I watched the students crowd the hallways. This is what dreaded the most.

The hallways.

They were filled with different people who had labels on them while as for me, I was undefined.

~~

Okay, so how is it going so far??

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Always,
Almay.