chpt. seven

Detention goes by painfully slow and by the time it was over I had nearly had 3 mental breakdowns. I wanted nothing more but to me in the comfort of my own bed. Nothing else but that.

"5 more minutes. You guys can start packing up your belongings." Ms. V instructs.

"Finally!" Ken groaned making Ms. V roll her eyes, just wanting to ignore him like I do.

"Yo Hayes!"

"Dayes." I mumbled under my breath, not turning back as I fiddled with the string of my hoodie.

"Bro, is she deaf?" He asks Sean.

I didn't hear a reply but I did hear a timer go off.

"Okay, I hope you guys learned your lessons. You're free to go."

"Woohoo!" Ken chanted as he leaped up to his feet.

"Let's go babe." A sudden arm goes around me as I stood up and it made my whole body flinch.

"Get off." I muttered, shaking his arm off.

"I'm just playing." He smirked. "Wouldn't wanna scare you now don't I?"

I felt his hand traveling down my back and I was just about to say something when Sean stepped in.

"Dude, let's go get something to eat. I'm starving."

Ken dropped his arm and nodded his head, "Same man. Let's go. See you later." Ken winked at me before leaving the room with Sean who sneaked a glance at me.

It actually looked sympathetic?

I sighed as I exited the classroom, just thankful for finally being able to go home. The feeling of walking out the school doors felt liberating in a way until a voice startled me out of my almost peaceful thoughts.

"Thought of my offer?"

I gasped as I jumped back and brought a hand to my heart.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" I breathed out heavily, grasping my knee for balance.

"Sorry." He chuckled lightly. "But really have you?"

"Have I wha— of course not!" I threw my hands in the air in annoyance. I just wanted this day to end.

I stomped my foot as I made my walk home. "Rams—"

"I don't need your help Gabe!"

"Yes, you do." He ran in front of me, halting my movements.

"I wanna help you—"

"But you don't need to!" I argued. I have never raised my voice this much before and it was taking toll of the energy I had left. "Do you get it? You don't need to."

He looked at me sadly before I sighed and walked past him. That was until he blocked me with his arm and asked softly, "What if I need to?"

"I'd ask you why."