Chapter 3 - The Fairy Tail Regiment

Lucy was laying across the love seat when she heard the foreign chatter of Russian troops. An empty plate and fork were resting on her stomach. She quickly sat up and turned to look herself in the mirror. Her hair was a fluffy mess and she had cake crumbs around her mouth. She ran towards the kitchen and dropped off the plate before dashing towards her bed room to fix her hair. A servant came up to her with news that the Russian troop was there as Lucy reached her room.

"Tell my father I'll be there in a minute."

"Of course," the servant replied and walked away. Lucy quickly closed the door and headed to her vanity. She brushed out her hair and parted it half. The upper half was held by a pink ribbon and the lower half was left down. She tied the strand of pearls around her neck and checked her self in the mirror.

She looked presentable enough. Her rosy pink dress matched the ribbon in her hair and went well with the pearls and the white, satin ribbon around her dress. Her blonde hair had a few fly aways but nothing that needed to fixed. Her bangs were covering her blonde eyebrows but just barely covered the top of her eyes. The majority of her hair was up in a bun at the back of her head. She fixed her posture and headed out the door, trying to walk as fast as she could while she had her head held high.

***

She heard chatter coming from the living area of the estate and headed in. Her father was sitting in a chair, talking to a short and old looking man. There were Russian soldiers scattered across the room, talking or arguing. The first of these she recognized was Natsu who was arguing with a man with short raven colored hair. He was also eyeing the plate she had left in the room.

"What are you looking at?" The raven haired man asked. Natsu glared at him and pointed at the plate.

"Cake," He said. The man groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Yes, that is cake," The man sighed, "Do you think about anything other than food?"

Natsu smirked, "sex."The man acted like it was a ridiculous answer, but you could tell that he agreed with him. Natsu laughed and turned his attention towards the door. He saw Lucy stand there and straightened up. And others soon followed his actions. Her father noticed her and smiled.

"Lucy, welcome. This is General Makorov," Jude gestured to the short man next to him. Makarov smiled.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Heartfilia," He said. He was clearly Russian, his accent was thick and the cup of water in his hand was vodka.

"And you as well," Lucy curtsied towards him and he bowed slightly. Makarov gestured towards his soldiers and directed towards the pink haired one to step forward. Natsu set down the drink he held in his hand and walked over to the group.

"This one is the most dense of my men, Natsu Dragneel," Makarov said. The soldier who must of been Loke held his arm up in surrender and smiled. He said something that made Makarov glare at him. "Shut up!" He shouted and Loke laughed. He was a charming looking man, his hair was golden brown and was combed back. He had bright blue eyes and fair colored skin. Natsu sent him a cold stare as Loke held up his glass of wine.

"If Natsu does try something on you, please, let me know," Makarov insisted. Lucy nodded as her father asked her to show Natsu around the estate.

• • •

"Do you really think this was necessary?" Lucy asked. Natsu nodded.

"I don't think we had to make a stop here, at the kitchen."

"Look, you get fed three times a day. I'm lucky if I find enough food for one." Natsu stated through a mouth full of tea cakes. Lucy sighed and watched him grab different foods from the table. One of the items was a bottle of red wine from England, the label was in English. He took a sip of the drink and immediately spit it out. Lucy laughed as he tried to read the bottle with a grotesque look on his face. He set the wine glass down on the counter.