Chapter 9 - Female Soldier

Lucy woke up late the next morning. She heard singing coming from her bathroom before she picked up the chatter coming from outside her bedroom door. The sun was shining brightly in the sky, lighting up her room. She sat up and turned to where Ezra was sleeping. His knapsack was open and a few of his belongings were laid out on his bed. One of which was a bandage. It was clean but well worn, it had been stretched out after long periods of use. Lucy grabbed her robe as someone knocked on her door.

"Good morning, Lucy!" Lisanna was standing in front of her door, carrying a silver tray full of food and bathroom products. "Your father wants to eat breakfast with him as soon as possible. I brought this for Ezra, incase he needed anything."

"Thank you," Lucy took the tray. "How's Natsu? Has anyone checked on him?"

"Yes, we called a doctor over he should be here soon."

"Good, thank you Lisanna." Lucy smiled and reached for the door handle.

"Wait," Lisanna stopped the door with her foot. "Your father wants to talk about this. He didn't sound too happy when he found out." Lisanna said, slowly, not wanting to put more stress on Lucy. She groaned and let her head hang loosely for a moment.

"Um. . . I'll deal with him later. Tell him I'll be with him before the hour ends. "

"Alright," Lisanna nodded and walked away. Lucy closed her door and walked towards her bathroom. She knocked and noticed the singing had stopped.

"Everything okay?"

"Eh . . . Okay! Everything okay!" At least he knew that much. He sounded nervous. She heard noises coming the other side of the door. Lucy heard muttering and a crash.

"Oh no," Lucy mumbled and opened the door. "Ezra are you- OH MY!" When Lucy stepped into the bathroom, she came face to face with a naked Ezra.

And a pair of pale, white breasts.

• • •

Ezra sat in Gray's room, under his window. Lucy insisted that Ezra be watched while she ate breakfast. Gray was hungover. He was sitting in front of her, with a pitcher of water in his lap.

"She found out?" Gray asked. Ezra nodded. She was dressed in Lucy's robe. The inside was red and furry, the outside had a dark, fall colored, paisley pattern.

"Did she say anything?" Ezra shook her head.

"She said things, but not words. She stuttered a lot." Gray nodded and handed her the pitcher.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I don't really know what to think."

"Wine?" Gray reached under her bed and pulled out a half empty bottle of wine.

"No, thank you."

"Suit yourself."

• • •

"You can't invite an entire troop of soldiers into the estate!" Jude shouted. It had been two minutes since Lucy sat down and he had already lost his temper.

"Father, I couldn't let them stay out in the cold any longer!"

"Why not?"

"Because one of the soldiers is sick! Soon the others would and then half the troop would be dead. I couldn't watch that happen!"

"You can't step into other people's lives!"

"Didn't you step in their business when you asked them to protect me? They have a war to fight in! They shouldn't be worrying about me! I'm fine on my own!!" Lucy shouted. Her father was taken aback by her attitude. She rarely fought back against him, and never shouted. "I can protect myself!"