second

There was little luck in finding a job. A small market six blocks away from Georgia's flat offered her a job as a cashier. She took it and began working immediately. With much persuasion toward her new manager, Georgia would be reviving her first check at the end of the week.
Of course, the pay would be little, but it would be enough to buy a new outfit. The concert would be on Tuesday the next week. Customers would walk in and talk about the show and the band, which excited Georgia even more. By the time Friday came around, Georgia left work as early as possible to begin shopping.

Still in her work clothes, Georgia browsed through all her favorite stores. She bought new nail polish and false eyelashes. There was a shop across the road from her apartment she always wanted to visit but was always too busy she decided to try out. The inside was very bohemian and had a Pink Floyd album playing in the background.

She browsed at all the clothes they had to offer. Some were a bit pricey, but they were all gorgeous.
Looking through the clearance rack, Georgia found a wine red, bell-sleeved dress that made her heart flutter. It was short, stopped halfway down her thigh and cut low off the neck. After trying it on, she saw why it was on the clearance rack, in the back of the dress toward the neck, there was a hole large enough to poke your finger through. Georgia bought it anyways, she was completely in love with it. Besides, after working in a thrift store, she became pretty handy with a needle and thread.

With the extra money, Georgia decided to go ahead and blow it all by buying a pair of shoes she'd been eyeing for a while. The shoes were light brown, wooden platform heels.

Once she got home, she tried on her outfit and messed around with different makeup. Georgia knew she looked bangin'. After playing dress up for quite a while, Georgia started sewing up the hole in the dress out on her balcony. The night life of her street was always quiet and still. With minimum stars to see, the lights from buildings miles away glowed in the sky. Georgia couldn't surpass the feeling that something would quickly change.
She assumed it would be her reunion with John but something else lurked in her mind. All Georgia could hope for was that this change was good.