fourteenth

Hey friends! I know it's been long but I've been in a writing rut. Hopefully I can get back into the groove of things.
Thank you so much for all your support, I appreciate every comment and vote. They all mean a lot to me.
Enjoy!

Charleston was one of the most beautiful places Georgia ever saw. Looking out the window of the bus, Georgia fawned over the old Victorian houses. All with plaques that held a documentation of a historic event on the property. On each corner there was a tall oak tree with thick Spanish moss laying over its limbs like a scarf. Each street was lined with crepe myrtles on the verge of blossoming and azalea bushes with bright pink buds. It was strange to see palm trees in the yard of colonial period homes but somehow it felt right.

After the long ride Georgia was desperate to get out and stretch her legs. Unfortunately, Peter made it very clear that once they got to their venue, no one was allowed to leave until after the gig. They've have too many instances of the band wondering off and getting lost in bars and clubs. However Georgia was itching to get off the bus and see something different. It was clear everyone else felt the same. Robert and Jimmy were oddly quiet since they entered South Carolina. Georgia could tell they were up to something especially since Bonzo had been ignoring Peter every time he told the band something. The bus somehow stayed quiet until they got to their hotel.

"Immediately after you all put your things in your room, get back on the bus and we're going to the venue for soundcheck. Got it everyone?" Peter said while entering the hotel lobby to check in. Georgia actually got her own room this time, right next to Bonzo's of course.

Roberts room was just across the hall, he shared it with JPJ because Jimmy demanded his own room like the diva he is. When they all got in the elevator to go up to their rooms Robert offered to carry Georgia's luggage to her room.

"We don't want you to strain yourself, you are on a holiday after all," Robert said.

"I'm a strong girl, Robert, I can handle it," Georgia said in a calm voice.

"Yeah, stick it to the man, Georgie," Bonzo said while walking out of the elevator. Everyone followed Peter's orders and headed to the bus soon after laying down their luggage. Bonzo drummed on Georgia's legs the whole ride to the venue. It was only a five minute walk from the hotel but Peter wanted to be discreet and not be attacked by fans on the sidewalk.

Soundcheck was quick and boring, Georgia couldn't imagine being a roadie. They worked hard lugging around heavy equipment and went to lengths to make the band sound good. They tested lights and triple checked the tuning of every instrument. Robert began by singing nursery rhymes, making Georgia laugh. Jimmy joined him in a harmony on "twinkle twinkle little star."

While Jimmy played riffs, Georgia noticed that the other three were huddled backstage. Georgia walked over to them and tapped Bonzo on the back. He grabbed her and pulled her into the huddle.

"Georgie! We need your help, we're trying to escape from Emperor Peter. Somehow we gotta bribe the bus driver so he takes us in town instead of the hotel," Bonzo explained.

"Yeah, if we're already in town Peter won't say no to some bar hopping," said JPJ. Georgia was thankful the boys felt the same way, she was starting to feel like the rocker life was no fun at all, just boring traveling and soundchecks.

"How can I help?" Georgia asked.

"You're gonna hate me for this but we think you'll be the perfect bribe," said Bonzo.

"Bribe? I'm not something you can just exchange, Johnny!" Georgia hit Bonzo's arm.

"What he meant was, the bus driver won't listen to us, we've tried. We think that if someone who isn't apart of the crew asks he'll comply," Robert said.