thirteenth

April 2nd, 1970

The band was done with Boston and was ready for Charleston, South Carolina. Each hungover rocker and roadie rose up early in order to board a plane to the next state. Two roadies and Georgia had to carry Bonzo out of the hotel, he refused to walk much less even open his eyes.
Georgia remembered everything from last night, she was still pissed at Bonzo for ruining her dress. Her and Robert didn't spend the night together, but she sure as hell wish they did. They stayed out on the porch talking all night, sharing stories from each other's lives.

Georgia had a wake up call when Robert began to talk about his wife back in Europe. Once the rocker started to speak of her Georgia realized how stupid she felt.

He's just a rockstar, of course you like him. Now you're no different than all the groupies who linger around.

The high Georgia was in that night let her soon forget her worry but she remembered in the morning. At the end of their night Robert was a gentleman, he did not try to lure her in his room (although he suggested it). Instead he walked Georgia the room she shared with Cynthia and kissed her goodnight.
That last kiss lasted hours in Georgia's memory. He was gentle yet firm, with his hands in her hair. Georgia leaned against the door frame, wanting to bring him inside and see how else he could make her feel. But Georgia knew how awkward it would be in the morning, she didn't want either to regret what they had done.

Once she woke up the next morning Georgia didn't really want to see Robert, she felt like a teenager again. Her heart beat when she thought of him, and all she could think about was whether Robert thought of her in that way or not. But she didn't want to seem easy. Georgia didn't want him to know that on the inside she was head over heels for him.

She didn't see him all morning until they began to board the plane, Robert was with Pete and Jimmy. His hair was a mess and he still had sleep in his eyes. Georgia was sitting in her seat next to Bonzo, Robert caught her glance while walking to the back of the plane.

With just one look he could say everything, Georgia could see everything from last night, all of her confused thoughts and each gentle kiss, all through his soft grey eyes. But his eyes were not transparent, it was like looking into a mirror. As if Robert could see each emotion Georgia felt but she could not tell any of his.

Once he passed by, Georgia looked down in her lap trying to get herself back together. He's only a man, and you are only a "bird" to him. Stop acting like a school-girl. For a plane full of rock stars, it was unusually quiet. Everyone was still in the early morning blues, they were all either sleeping or funneling down coffee.

Jimmy was one of them, mixing his coffee with rum and kahlua, of course. Bonzo was fast asleep next to Georgia, his snores filling up the whole plane, probably distracting the pilot. Once the sign lit for passengers to move around the cabin, Jimmy walked up to where Georgia was sitting and sat in the seat in front of her. He sprawled his legs out on the two chairs, facing Georgia and Bonzo.

"Finally some peace, everyone back there is talking business," started Jimmy drinking his spiked coffee. "It's too early for that shit."

"I don't know if you'll find peace up here, Bonzo's sounds like a machine gun." Just as Georgia finished, Bonzo gave out a big wail. Her and Jimmy quietly laughed, hoping not to wake him, for they knew Bonzo could do more damage to the peace of the cabin if he was awake.

"Everyone has been telling me that you're an artist. I think it's my turn at a portrait, I think I've got a pretty good profile," said Jimmy turning his head so Georgia could see the side of his face.

"For as any times as I've been asked to draw one of you I should start taking commissions," said Georgia rolling her eyes.

"Oh please love, do this for me and I'll do something for you," said Jimmy.

"You can start by getting me one of those coffees," said Georgia. She wanted to draw Jimmy, she secretly felt very admired when someone asked for a drawing, but Georgia was always afraid they wouldn't like it. Jimmy agreed to get her a coffee, going to the back of the plane where he hid the rum. Georgia stood up and grabbed her supplies from her bag on the floor. Knowing that Bonzo wouldn't awake if the plane crashed, she slid by him. Her and Jimmy sat in their own seats, Georgia's legs folded up in her chair to face him.

Jimmy sat still, except to sip his drink. Georgia decided to use her charcoal pencils for his picture. There was just something about Jimmy that was so distinct the second he came into a room. He was dark, mysterious, and he had this aura of deep purple, sometimes red. The press always wanted to exploit him for his interests in magic and the occult, but Georgia just assumed it was more of a curiosity. Using messy charcoal for his portrait seemed right. It was soft yet hard, messy, thick and a bit dazed, just like Jimmy Page.

"Why do you want me to draw you?" Georgia asked while outlining his face and neck

"So I can frame it above my bed to worship every night," Jimmy said dryly. Georgia chuckled and looked up to see if she got his eyes right. His green eyes were striking, they added to the whole bad-boy vibe Jimmy put out. Between each band member, Jimmy was the most English-looking, with his crooked nose and wide cheeks. If it wasn't for his rough nature, Georgia would describe him as adorable. If you didn't know him he might even seem boyish.

Throughout the portrait, Georgia could feel his eyes on her, each time she looked up at him, he looked right into her eyes. His eyes told a different story than Roberts, it was clear that Jimmy didn't see everything in Georgia, and Georgia could not see anything in him.

While finishing the lines around his mouth, Georgia stared at his lips."Don't go falling in love with me now, I've got enough girls doing that," said Jimmy in an oddly soft voice. Looking back down at her paper Georgia blushed slightly, realizing she was probably staring longer than she needed to.

"Oh shut up, you couldn't handle a woman like her anyways." Georgia felt someone come up behind her. Robert leaned over the chair, his arm going across Georgias back onto the armrest. Georgia stopped drawing and tried to stop her cheeks from turning red. Robert looked down at her work, his face next to hers.

"It's beautiful Georgia," Robert paused, "you somehow made a goblin look handsome." Jimmy threw his empty coffee mug at Robert who was laughing.

"Shut up! At least I don't look like an old hag!" Jimmy said defensively. Georgia laughed but didn't turn in her chair to see Robert.

"Oh calm down James, I'm only teasing," Robert walked back over to the two, still looking at Georgia's artwork. "Really Georgia, you have a good talent." Robert gently placed his hand on her shoulder and left. In that one second his skin touched hers, electricity.