twelfth

Unfortunately, Georgia stayed in her bad mood for most of the night. The poor girl smelled like bad rum and was forced to wear a t-shirt and nothing else. Her outfit gained her a lot of attention though (mainly from the men). As much as she wanted to go back to her room and stay there all night, Cynthia tried to make the best of the situation.

"It's stylish, a fashion statement. Plus, your legs go for days in it," said Cynthia, who was the most stylish groupie Georgias ever seen.

"Cynth, I'm wearing gogo boots and a bar t-shirt. I look like trailer trash," Georgia stood in the corner of the room tryin to hide herself from everyone else at the after party. Seeing all the small girls in their shiny dresses and fitted pants made Georgia even angrier. Why couldn't she just go home and curl up in her bed with a bag of chips?

"Baby, you look fine," Cynthia tried to reassure her.

"You could say that again," Jimmy walked up to the girls with Robert by his side. Plant was holding a red cup in one hand and a cigarette in another. Cynthia patted Georgia on the shoulder and walked away with Jimmy. Impatient and upset, Georgia rolled her eyes at the rocker.

"What do you want Robert? Unless you have any more of those I'm not in the mood to talk," said Georgia, referring to his cigarette. Robert looked down at the tobacco and and smiled.

"I think I might have something a little better," said Robert. He set his cigarette on an ashtray and told Georgia to follow him. He took her out on the balcony that looked over the back of the stadium. Robert sat on a busted lawn chair and searched through his pockets. He took out a small metal tin and began to grind the weed. Georgia sat in the opposite chair in silence, looking out at the empty parking lot with only their tour bus and the few cars from groupies. Robert rolled up the blunt and let Georgia take the first hit, using the little green lighter she always has on her. Taking a long drag, Georgia blew out the smoke into the air and passed it into Robert. She watched him smoke, the low lights from the windows and lamp posts illuminated his face in a way the stage lights couldn't. Here he looked soft but strong with his sharp features.

They sat in silence for a while, which Georgia appreciated. They just passed the joint back and forth, looking up at the dimly lit stars. The stars were faded by the light pollution from the city, making the stars look even further away. 

In a slight haze, Georgia listened to the beat of the music playing from inside. Soon enough she forgot about her troubles from the night and got an odd feeling that the music was coming in tune with her heart beats. She closed her eyes and listened to the melody of the music and her heartbeat. 

Babum.... Babum.....

And so on. 

In his own little trace, Robert noticed how Georgia hummed along to her own heartbeat music. He watched the girl lay back, eyes closed, lips curled into a smile while they softly sang a tune. Imaginary lighting hung around her face, she glowed with a brilliant golden shimmer in Robert's eyes. 

No longer did either of them feel like they were sitting alone. Now they both fell into their own trance of calm emotions and imagined senses. Georgia slowly opened her eyes and looked at Robert. He sat with a low smile on his face, his musketeer mustache looked unkempt and as if it was consuming his entire chin. Georgia couldn't take her eyes off of him, she tried but she felt as if they were both magnets. 

Robert felt the same, the second Georgia's eyes opened the glow around her brightened into a beautiful arrange of golden hues.  From her hair to her shoulders a lasting luster of gold stayed in the air, like she was heavens gates. 

"Georgia," Robert hummed, their eyes never leaving each other. In response, Georgia kept humming her heartbeat song in a quiet voice. Only now it seems the song has quickened its pace. 

"You gleam with beauty," Robert said, his golden haze controlling what he says. He tries to process his words but they keep interrupting his thoughts. "You're a.. fountain of golden love," Robert laughs. Georgia laughs with him. 

"You're silly Robert. Don't you know that you're the golden god around here?" Georgia said, finally forgetting about her melody. The golden frame once around Georgia has turned into a lull  in Robert's eyes. The two keep inching closer together, suddenly both forgot their former trips and only saw each other. Closing her eyes Georgia finally did what shes been dreaming of doing since she first met Robert. 

Reaching her hand up to his cheek, Georgia slowly pulled Robert into a kiss. His lips softly touched hers, while their lips barely touched, they both felt a magnificent energy from that region. Robert pulled her into a deeper kiss, holding the back of her neck with a gentle force. Each place that Robert touched her Georgia felt tingles. 

To them, the kiss felt like it lasted hours, hours of small shocks and sweet buzzing. Georgia opened her eyes and suddenly the tingling was gone. Robert leaned his head back, keeping his hand firmly placed on the back of her neck. Georgia believed that if Robert lifted his hand she would just begin to float away on cloud nine. I just kissed Robert Plant. 

"Yes you did, love," Robert laughed once Georgia accidentally said her thought. "Do it again," Robert said in a hushed voice. Without hesitation Georgia met her lips with his, leaning over her chair to deepen the kiss and suddenly she felt the electricity again.