Chapter 4: A New Beginning

We walk in the building. I think this is a prison. Was this the prison that Lee was going to. I start to think of Lee but I shrugged it off before I could cry, I don't want no one to see me cry especially in front of these new friendly faces. Now that would be embarrassing.

"Hey guys I never caught your names" Rick said.

"Oh my name is Molly, and this is Clementine and Javier and this is Little Aj" Molly introduced.

"Hey Carl, show Clementine to her cell" Rick ordered.

"Sure, come on Clementine" He replied.

"And Carol, show Javier and Molly to their cells." Rick said.

"Sure thing." Carol said.

Carl's POV

We walked to a cell two cells down from mine. I show it to her and all she did was set her stuff down and looked back at me.

"Hey Clementine you want to see my cell?" I asked.

She nodded.

We walked to my cell. "You know you can call me Clem for short" she said as we walked.

"Ok Clem" I said.

We walked into my cell and she looked around. Then she picked up one of my comics.

"Hey can I read one of these comics?" She asked.

"Go ahead but bring it back, ok?" I said.

"Ok and do you want to help me settle in?" She asked. 

"Sure." we went to her cell and that's when my dad called for everyone to meet in the cafeteria.

"Everybody listen up I have an announcement I have gave my new daughter a name." Rick started.

"What's her name dad?" I asked

"Her name is Judith. Judith Grimes." He said.

Everyone came to see Judith and dad gave Judith to me. She is so adorable and I'm glad to be a big brother. I feel like the luckiest boy on this crappy planet.

Clem's POV

Just to see Carl so happy and have a new sibling it reminds me of Aj when I first held him. That reminds me, where is Aj?

I watched as the group left and I went back to my cell when Carl came by.

"Hey you want to come and hold Judith?" He asked.

I gave him the 'can I!' look and he nodded.

I went over to him and he gave me Judith. I adjusted her in my arms and I look at her and she smiles and giggles. I smile back. Carl chuckles.

"She likes you already" he said

"Yeah and where's Aj I haven't seen him all day?" I asked.

"He was in one of the cells with Molly he's probably being sent here later today and you can come in here to see him anytime."

"Ok ready to help me settle in?" I asked.

"Oh yeah sure." He said.

We went to my cell and I start to unpack my stuff from my bag.

Carl got a sheet, a blanket, and a pillow for the mattress on the bunk bed. We made my bed, and I have a gun and knife in my pillow just in case.

I think I'm going to like it here especially since I'm not the only one kid here but I know that this place won't last forever but I'll enjoy it while it last.

"Thank for the help even though there was not much to do in here and thanks for being nice to me you are a really great friend and a big brother to little Judith" I said.

"Your welcome and your a really great friend to and maybe a better big sister than me and being so kind and sweet to me" he said "you sound like your saying goodbye something on your mind or don't want to talk about it?" I ask.

It was really sad to hear Carl so sad I bet he didn't notice how his tone of voice sounded like.

"No. No need to talk I'll get over it at some point" He said.

"Ok and if your interested do you want to show me around the prison and meet everyone?" I asked.

"You sure do ask a lot of questions-" Carl said.

"Hey Carl its time to go to bed now" Rick said.

"Sure Clem I'll show you around and give you a meet and greet in the morning, good night now, bye" He said as I watched him go out my cell. 

I climb up to the top bunk and stare up at the ceiling thinking about Lee and how is it up there I bet its peaceful and I'm on this crappy planet but I'm still here cause I'm going to make it, for Lee.

Soon I drift off to sleep.

Thanks for reading guys I know there was not a lot to action in the book but I have something in stored for the next chapter

And don't forget
Comment
Vote
And follow

Gotta Blast