three

A/N: Exciting and dramatic chapter for all of you guys right here! (; The end kinda sucks, but yknow!

Julissa

I paced around my room anxiously as I waited for Tyler to return from talking with my father, my palms sweating and beads of sweat forming at my hairline.

A million thoughts swarmed through my mind about what was happening at the very moment between two of the people that I cared for the most.

Was everything alright? Were they beating each other to death? Was anyone hurt?

After a max of ten seconds I couldn't deal with the angst any longer, and I found myself reaching towards the doorknob and warily making my way towards my father's office. That's where he usually settled down every year during the Purge, and so I'm assuming that's where he is this year too.

It was eerie and silent as I trudged down the halls towards his office, the sound of my steps echoing throughout the large house.

I almost reached the door to the office, when I suddenly heard a loud gunshot fill my ears.

I froze in my tracks, my heart hammering inside of my chest from the sudden panic I was feeling.

The next thing I heard was a girly scream, one that sounded like it came from my mother.

I broke out of my trance and ran down the stairs, following the screams and shouts that were taking place.

Another gun shot sounded just as I was running down the staircase, and I suddenly tripped over a body that was lying on the stairs. I almost continued tumbling down but I caught myself, and looked up to see who I had fallen over.

All of the color dissipated from my face as I recognized who it was.

"Tyler! Oh my god, no!"

He was lying limply on the stairs with a bullet wound in his chest, blood seeping through the fabric of his shirt at a rapidly fast pace. He was still conscious, and moans were escaping his lips. What I wasn't expecting to see was the gun lying on the next step down.

What? Did Tyler try and kill my dad?

"Julissa!" my father gasped, my head snapping up for a split second to meet his shocked and confused eyes from where he stood across the room with a pistol in his hands as well. "Get away from him!"

"J-Jules," Tyler choked out, bringing my attention back to him as his body began to go into shock.

My brain was telling me to listen to my father and leave Tyler to die on the steps, but my heart told me to help him.

I quickly put Tyler's arms around my shoulders and tried to get him up, carefully pulling him up the staircase and towards my bedroom while ignoring my father's yells for me to go downstairs.

We barely made it to my room before Tyler had fallen to the ground, unable to stay up any longer. Blood was trailing down his stomach and legs, the strong stench beginning to tie my stomach into knots. His skin was as pale as a ghost and still shaking immensely. It was clear that he'd pass away in the next couple minutes without the medical attention he needed.  And unfortunately, there was no way that he would get that help until the sun came up in the morning.

Tears ran down my cheeks before I could stop them, the thought of losing one of the people that I loved the most ripping my heart in two. I know that he technically had lied to me and was going to kill my father, but he still meant a lot to me either way.

"I'm sorry, Julissa. I just wanted us to be able to be together," he coughed, the blood that was inside his body covering his lips and turning them a dark and sticky red.

I shook my head, understanding his reason of trying to do what he wanted to do. "Don't be, Ty. It's okay. Sh."

"I love you," he wheezed, his watery brown eyes looking at me one last time before fluttering shut.

"I loved you too.."

Niall

"Just give up already, Horan! Let us Purge!" Axel shouted from the distance, his voice sounding far even though he was only a block or so away from finding and murdering me.

My legs were about to collapse underneath me any minute, and I was in the middle of a neighborhood with nowhere to go for safety.

There's only one thing I can do if I want even the tiniest chance of surviving tonight..

"Help! Help me, please!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, my voice raspy due to my overly dry throat. "Someone! Let me in, please!"

I waved my hands helplessly in the air while hoping that somebody would let me inside of the protection of their home. I did so for ten seconds and my hope began to instantly fade.

I mean, what is the chance that someone would actually open their doors during the Purge to let me in?  Not likely.

"Help! I'm begging you!"

I was about to give up and turn myself over to Axel and his buddies, when the garage door of the house beside me opened, revealing a young girl who looked to be about six or seven.

"Hurry, over here! Run!" the girl yelled out to me, encouraging me to run towards her and the safety of her house.

Without a second thought I sprinted in her direction, the garage door and the metal security doors sliding down again as I ran.

If I didn't run faster, I wouldn't make it in time before they shut.

"Please, hurry! Run faster!"

I made my legs move as quickly as they would take me, and just as the doors slammed shut, I made it inside of the house.

I made it.