seven

A/N: The amazing chapter seven is right here for all of you lovelies. Remember to keep voting, commenting, sharing, and to fan me if you still haven't done so. At least 40 votes and a lot of comments for chapter eight? (: Also, I found out that this story is #37 in Action and #53 in Mystery/Thriller! Gosh, I almost freaked when I found out! I wouldn't even be at that if it wasn't for you all. :* I love you guys, and thank you for supporting me! x

Niall

My entire face paled and I began shaking as Axel's words sunk in, the fear that I felt from earlier making a reappearance.

Axel knew I was here, and he wanted me back, no matter what he had to do to achieve that. He isn't going to give up until he has me.

Julissa's father was standing there in shock, still trying to take in Axel's speech. He lowered the gun suddenly, and I made a quick decision to take that as my chance to run.

I know that I wouldn't be able to leave the house without getting killed, but I could still find a place to hide and think things through in here. If I did nothing and stayed where I was, I'd definitely die. And if I do end up losing my life tonight, I'd do it fighting.

I turned on my heel and ran as fast I possibly could down the hallway, praying that her father wouldn't catch up to me if he intended on trying to do so.

I slowly stopped to a halt when I needed to catch my breath, and happened to be in front of an older looking door. I panted and grabbed ahold of the knob and twisted it, pulling the door open. The first thing that I saw were stairs that lead downwards and a lot of darkness.

This must be the way to the basement.

I looked around me to make sure that nobody seen me, and took a deep breath as I took my first step onto the creaky stairs and quietly shut the door behind me. I pulled out my iPhone from my pocket and turned on the flashlight so that I could see down the steps. I walked down the stairs one foot at a time while the brightness from my phone directed me, trying to be careful not to make too much noise in the process.

Once I reached the bottom I shakily waved my phone around the room, searching for a place to hide incase Julissa's father came to look for me down here.

The only items around were dusty boxes and exercising machines, and a few piles of clothes and bags scattered around the large area. Where the hell was I supposed to hide in here? I made another glance and caught a small closet in the corner of the basement. Maybe I'd be able to fit inside it. It's worth a shot.

I stumbled across the clutter and made my way to the tiny closet and slid it open. As soon as I opened it a ton of baby toys fell out of it, making a loud noise as they hit the ground.

"Shit," I muttered, hoping that the sound didn't echo throughout the house.

When the rest of the toys tumbled down and silenced, I carefully crawled into the crowded space. After a minute I managed to squeeze into the closet, and I slid the door shut.

I sighed sharply, turning the flashlight off and resting my head against the back of the wall.

Now all I could do was wait.

Julissa

"Sweetheart, can you hear me?" a soft, familiar voice spoke from somewhere near.

I deliberately opened my eyes to see my mother hovering over me, her brown eyes swollen and tear stains covering her slightly wrinkled cheeks.

"Mom?" I asked, gradually sitting up and peering around at my surroundings. I was in my parent's bedroom with my mother, and Maddie was sleeping soundly in my mom's lap. "What happened?"

She breathed out heavily, her eyes watching me sadly. "You fainted, Jules.."

"Yeah, but-" I gasped, everything that happened before I lost consciousness abruptly coming back to my memory. "Wait, where's Niall? Where is he?"

The last thing I remember was passing out and landing in Niall's arms. Did something bad happen to him? Did my father find him? How in the world did I end up with my mom?

"I'm not sure, hun. Your father is looking for him at this moment."

My eyes widened, "Are you joking? Mom, he can't look for him! He's going to hurt him!"

She shook her head and put her hand on my knee, trying to calm me down. "No, no he isn't. Your father is older and stronger than him, that boy won't be able to lay a hand on-"

I groaned out in frustration, pulling at my matted brown hair agitatedly. "No, Niall's going to get hurt! I can't let that happen."

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Dear, he had no right to be in our house and bring our family danger. Your father and I are not going to let us get killed because of his actions. He's going to be found and brought outside to those boys so that we can actually relax for two minutes tonight."

Now it was my turn to be confused. "What do you mean? What people?"

She brought her gaze down to her hands, and I knew I wasn't going to like what she told me.

"When you were unconscious, a pack of boys around his age came to the door asking for him. They said that they wanted us to bring him to them within the next hour or two. If we don't do just that, they'll break in here and purge on all of us," she said, whispering the last part.

As she told me what happened my stomach dropped.

No. We can't let Niall die.

I won't let it happen.