ten

A/N: Hello, everyone. (: I'm sorry for the wait, I was going to update sooner, but school started yesterday and afterwards I was too exhausted to write this chapter up. But here it is now! I bet you will enjoy as usual, and I'd like to thank you all again for all of the comments and votes you guys leave me. They really do mean a lot to me to see your kind words! I love you. Keep doing what you do. x 

Julissa

"It's not going to be easy to defend ourselves," my father told us, pacing around the room with his hands on his chin in a thoughtful manner. "That man had a lot of people with him. Plus, they have weapons that even we don't have."

"What kind of weapons?" Niall asked curiously, looking up at my father from his spot on the ground beside me.

He shrugged, still pacing. "I'm not sure of all of them, but I seen a chainsaw and a lot of top guns, and even a hammer."

"Oh my god," my mother whispered, her eyes wide and glossy from unshed tears. She held Maddie closer against her body, afraid for her youngest child.

"We can still all fight them off, right?" I spoke up, my voice cracking slightly. "It's not impossible."

My dad stopped in his tracks and turned around to face me, his eyes sad and a frown apparent on his face. "Julissa, I don't know. We'd honestly be lucky if we're even able to kill any of them without them killing us first. They look strong, and there's so many. I don't know how this is going to end up.."

I gagged and put my face in my hands, sobs escaping me almost immediately.

He can't possibly be serious. Is he saying that there's not a big chance of us even surviving this? That we can't win against them psychos?

"It's going to be alright, Jules," Niall said softly as he smoothed out my hair, the action somewhat calming me.

I sniffled and looking up at him, the tears streaking down my cheeks. "How do you know, Niall? There's supposedly a huge chance that none of us are going to even make it out of here. How does knowing that make anything alright right now?"

He sighed and ran his hands over his face roughly, almost as if he was trying to wake himself up from a terrible nightmare that he was stuck in.

"I..it doesn't, okay? Is that what you want to hear from me? I can't say anything else, except that you and your family wouldn't be in this situation right now if you would've let me go outside," he scowled.

I groaned and dropped my head back into my knees, knowing he was right. He was exactly right. If only I would've let him go, but I was not going to let that happen.

"Julissa, honey, he's right," my mother spoke up quietly, but I cut her off bitterly.

"Don't even go there, mom! I know how badly you and dad want Niall to go outside and just hand himself over to those freaks; you don't give a crap about him, but I do! So just stop acting like you do!" I shouted, my voice echoing throughout our entire house.

"That is no way to talk to your mother, young lady," my dad said sternly.

"I don't care. I'm not going to sit here with you people," I muttered, pushing myself up off of the ground and leaving the safety of my parent's bedroom without a glance back.

"Julissa!" Niall called after me, but I ignored him and continued walking down the dark and eerie hallway.

I suddenly tripped over my own feet and was tumbling towards the ground, but a hand hastily reached out to me in time and kept me on my feet. I turned to look at Niall and tried to pull my arm free of his grasp, but he wasn't about to let me run off.

"Let me go, Niall. I'm not going back there with them," I snapped, fighting against him helplessly.

"Babe, please calm down," he begged, the use of the word 'babe' causing butterflies to erupt inside of my stomach. "I'm not telling you to go back to them, but I am telling you to not run away by yourself. Those guys are about to break in here soon, and I don't want you to end up getting hurt."

I stopped struggling to pull my arm away and instead snaked my arms around his waist, burying my face into his neck. He was taken aback at first but quickly had his hands around my petite body and his face hiding in my shoulder, his breath gently hitting my skin.

"I don't want you to get hurt, either, but my parent's obviously do," I mumbled into him. "I wish this was all just a nightmare and I'd be waking up in the next few seconds."

He laughed quietly, "I don't wish it was."

I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled back, looking up at him curiously. "Why? There's a chance that we won't even make it out of here tonight, and you're glad that it's real?"

"If tonight wasn't real, then I wouldn't have met you," he whispered, stroking my cheek with his thumb while looking deeply into my eyes.

I don't know why I did what I did next. Maybe it was because of the impact his words had on me. Or maybe even because of the way I seemed to melt under his warm gaze. I don't know why I did it. All I know is that I kissed him.

I bit down on my lip and found myself leaning fowards. Within seconds our lips were just inches apart, and I could now feel his warm breath on my face. His blue eyes searched mine as if to ask if he had permission to kiss me. I answered him by breaking the space that was in between us and connecting my lips to his.

Once our lips met time went in slow motion. My heart was hammering inside of my chest and I felt weak in my knees. Niall's lips were so gentle and soft as he kissed me sweetly, my insides melting into a puddle as they moved in sync with my own. I wrapped my arms around his neck and continued to kiss him, while he moved his hands to my hips. Sparks were igniting and I felt alive. It was almost like heaven to me.

I wanted to be able to compare the way Tyler kissed me to the way Niall did, but there honestly was no comparison. This was so different in a good way, and I liked it a lot.

We pulled away after a minute, both of us nearly out of breath and the happiest we had been tonight.

Niall grinned, and I knew what he was going to say next.

"That is why I'm glad this is real."