A Makuhita Used Whirlwind!?

This book is filled with random stuff that's happened to me, so let's get started.

I was just playing my Pokemon game, and I got into a battle with an Ace Trainer.  As I'm fighting, he sends out a Makuhita.  I don't change out my Pokemon.  After I land a hit on the Makuhita, it uses Whirlwind and brings out my other Pokemon.  The Pokemon I had out was a Water type starter after it had evolved, and I had named it Aquata.  The other Pokemon was a Grass and Water type Pokemon that I had named Slick.  Aquata is a Water and Ground type.  The Makuhita is a Fighting type that knows a Flying type move.  You see how this is weird!?

A MAKUHITA USED A FLYING TYPE MOVE ON MY WATER AND GROUND TYPE POKEMON!

Like, did the guy use a TM on his Pokemon or something, because I'm sure that Makuhita can't normally learn Whirlwind!  Either way, I was dumbfounded.  If you can tell me what the hell...  I'm still playing and the damn Makuhita used Whirlwind again.  This time bringing out Aquata.  CAN THE TRAINER'S POKEMON ONLY USE THAT ONE MOVE TO ATTACK!?  LIKE, WHY!?

I'm sorry, I can't believe it!  It happened TWICE!  Tell me what you think is going on with this trainer!  And yes, I was playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, so GET OFF MY CASE!  I need to take a break for now.  I'll update when more random stuff happens to me.  PEACE!