4.

Ellie Goulding - You My Everything
The Weeknd - Wicked Games

Rosalie

"What am I going to wear?" Layla asks herself a rhetorical question as she rummages hastily through her side of the wardrobe. I had just finished venting to her about the yoga ordeal with Harry and his rather daunting yet enticing invitation, and Layla is over the moon excited about it. "Wait." Layla's hands suddenly retreat from her clothes and gently tap on her lips. "I think the better question here is what are you going to wear?"

Layla suddenly squeals with excitement as she begins to now rummage through my side of the wardrobe. "Layla, I have not even decided if I want to go yet, let alone what I may or may not be wearing." I huff in annoyance as she continues to aimlessly pick out and throw back clothes.

"Well honey, you'd better decide soon, considering the party is I just a few hours and you answer better be a yes, because I'd very much like to go."

"Why do you even want to go anyway?"

"I'm a freshman, that's why."

"I do not follow..."

Layla releases a sigh before throwing the clothes back into the wardrobe and plopping herself down beside me on my bed. "Alright, so we're new here, we haven't yet made a name for ourselves, we're nobodies. Invites to fraternity and sorority parties get you noticed and they make you somebodies." I do not know why Layla so desperately wants to be noticed here however the thought of being considered 'socially relevant' holds not appeal to me.

"Oh."

"Oh indeed, so can we please go? I promise we don't have to stay there too long and we can go whenever you like, I promise." I sit there hesitantly contemplating my options. Option one, stay here, in my dorm and study or option two, go to a party where anything bad can happen.

Option one is definitely the best choice here.

I breathe a frustrated sigh and look over at a hopeful Layla. "What should I wear?" Well that took a sharp turn towards disaster.

Layla screams and then hugs me before dashing toward the wardrobe again, where she begins to look for something to wear, not only for herself but to my dismay, me too.

Layla picks out light khaki coloured skinny jeans, with a tight-fitting, long sleeved, midriff showing top, a denim jacket and black, ankle boots. I was sceptical at first, but when Layla convinced me to try it on I was pleasantly surprised with the way I looked, I literally look and feel more confident, which is a feeling I have not felt in a very, very long time.

"Shall we go then?" I turn and smile at Layla in response, Layla was wearing a gorgeous, tight-fitting, burgundy, mid-thigh length dress, with a denim jacket. Once again making average old me look like a sack of potatoes. "Alrighty then, we'll take my car."

We take Layla's old, blue sedan to the party, which is not too far however, the drive felt like it was taking forever. This allows me to sit there anxiously overthinking the whole situation that was about to unfold in front of me.

Perhaps this is a mistake, perhaps I should beg Layla to take me back to the dorms so I can get into my Pj's and study instead. Just as I am about to beg Layla to turn around and take me back we conveniently arrive at the frat house.

"I guess the party started without us." It started alright, there were colourful lights flashing in the windows, music blaring, beer cans and kegs on the front lawn and bodies already lying unconscious on the lawn and it was only eight-thirty... "Let's go in before you change your mind." Yeah, too late Layla.