Undisclosed Desires Chap.18

(This chapter is dedicated to my buddy, because she helped me a lot. If you must know, i can't write death scenes. Why? I have no idea but i just can't. That's were she comes in and saves the chapters with a death scene. Also, this chapter is dedicated to all my readers. Thanks to you guys this story has come this far. So hug yourself because you, my readers, are awesome!)

Vote and comment, happy reading! :]

~Shals <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter 18.

It was a hellish trip, and though Damien stayed quiet, he never took his eyes off of Drake. It was so hard for him to sit by and watch them doing everything they needed to do to keep him alive. A punctured lung, they'd told him, but they still needed X-rays to find out for certain. Surgery, they'd told him. Damien thought he was going to be sick.

Damien sat holding Drake’s hand, fingers gently brushing over his knuckles. They'd settled him into a room after taking the x-rays, expecting to have to wheel him away to surgery any moment. "I'll never lie again. I'll never deny you again, just survive, please. I love you." He whispered hoarsely, brokenly as the tears stained his cheeks.

Doctors came and went and nurses did as well. Luciano was outside the room; talking to the doctors. It was a good prognosis but Drake needed time to recover and regular check-ups with the doctor. The punctured lung wasn’t that bad, but they didn’t want to take risks so they operated him. Luciano had asked if Drake was going to be ok, and the doctor just smiled at him.

“Is he going to be ok?” Adrian asked as he stood up from the chair next to Drake’s bed.

Luciano smiled. The bags under his eyes were turning purple from the lack of sleep. Damien had called him that same day, and he took the first plane there was. He hadn’t had the chance to talk to Damien, or perhaps because he felt that he would regret it. The anger inside of him was too great, so he had decided to talk to Damien once he calmed down at least a bit.

“Doctor says he will be alright.” Luciano could see the relief in Adrian’s face. He looked behind Adrian to see Damien relieved as well.

“I’m going to head home and get some of his things. Doctor said that it would help his recovery if he felt as if he was at home. Take care of him, Adrian.” He turned to leave but stopped half way, “Damien… when I come back, I don’t want you here.” Then he left.

Damien slumped down on the chair and held his head, “He hates me.”

“Don’t mind what Mr. Asteria thinks, Damien. It all comes down to Drake, and one thing I’m sure of, he holds grudges.”

Damien sighed and closed his eyes. He heard a low groan and his head shot up to look at Drake.

The blank nothingness that was ever-present in his mind slowly started to recede and he felt himself coming into consciousness. The first thing that Drake felt was a blank wall of consuming pain; the kind of pain that rips a scream from the very core. He began to completely panic, wanting to flail his arms but feeling like he was weighed down under heavy blankets locked into place. Heavy moans and groans came from his mouth as he also realized that there was something blocking his airway. Drake was vaguely aware of blinking sounds and alarms going off.

"Drake!" He heard being called over and over. It took him a minute to realize that it was a voice he recognized.

"Drake, the nurse is coming, please don’t move."

All of a sudden there was an invasion of people in the space he was in. It still hadn't registered where he was or how he’d gotten there. All Drake knew was that he was in pain and that he was in a full on panic.