[chapter four]; first leap

Akaashi had been contemplating whether to actually become the manager of the volleyball team throughout the whole opening ceremony.

He loved volleyball with a passion. Whether it's playing, watching, or analysing--he treasured every single moment. But being a manager would make an extra pile of work sitting next to another one.

He decided to suck it and fill in the form afterwards anyway. It's not like he had another choice of interest, though he did give the girl's volleyball club a second thought. Probably a bad choice since his wig would more or less fly off in a middle of a match and it's going to be a big thing to deal with.

--

The form was a big deal. It was either Akaashi himself was an idiot, or the person who typed those inquiries was just an absolute fucktard.

Bokuto was obviously the latter. He's always the latter.

To simply put, the form was an absolute mess, with unecessary things written on it for Akaashi to fill in.

Like ; "state three reasons why you love this club's captain. (if acceptable, will be applicable to be the ace of the team.)"

As if anyone's going to bother.

--

Akaashi ran off to find Bokuto once the bell rung for lunch break. It wasn't that hard to find him--Akaashi found him sitting on the far end in the cafeteria.

The boy wasn't very socialable. He wasn't sure how to approach him, though he knew for a fact that Bokuto was friendly. Maybe it was because Bokuto's an upperclassmen. God knows.

"Sorry," Akaashi started. He tried his best to stay calm.

That one word alone made Bokuto flick his head around.

"Oh, it's you." he mumbled while munching his last bits of toast. Akaashi could clearly see that his ears turned bright red.

"Yeah here's the form. I.. didn't really fill in some of the field though." Akaashi hesitated for a few seconds. He felt guilty.

Bokuto wasn't exactly sure how to respond to that. He mumbled a few words, as if he was trying to speak his mind out.

"Sorry, didn't get that.." Akaashi raised an eyebrow, hoping Bokuto would repeat that one more time to clear his mind up.

"It's okay, I guess." The golden-eyed male finally took the courage to speak up. He had never felt such embarrassment before.

"Look forward to working with you, Bokuto-san." Akaashi couldn't take it anymore. He just wanted to flee from that awkward scene he was in.

"Yep, me too. See you 'round" The latter suddenly snapped back to his original cheerful self, and waved his built-up arms at Akaashi, which Akaashi himself did the same later on.

If more than anything else in the whole world, both players sure did not feel at ease being around eachother.