[chapter nine]; a forced decision

Akaashi's POV

I paced back and forth along the carpeted flooring in my dorm, biting my lower lip. What should I do, what should I do... if those girls find me anywhere close to Bokuto-san they'll definitely fuck me over.

Fiddling with the circular home button on my phone, I finally took the courage to dial Bokuto-san's number. 

Beep beep...

The consecutive dial beeping noises built up on my anxiety as half of me prayed he wouldn't pick up the call.

"Hellooo?" the beeping finally stopped and a voice from the other end rang.

Panicked, I replied hastily, "a-ah Bokuto-san, it's me, Akaashi."

"Ooohh it's Akaashi! What's up?"

"Uh I called to tell you that I don't think I'd be able to make it tomorrow..." this was obviously a lie, I took a break from my supplementary classes this week. 

"Huhh... why not?" he sounded extremely dejected, though his voice was still kept at a loud, ear-piercing volume.

I hesitated for a few seconds before I spoke up, "I have something to do after school tomorrow, I don't th-" 

"OH! It's during lunch break though heh," the latter interrupted, practically screaming through the call. My eardrums could've burst. God damn. "See you then!" 

Before I could even utter another word, Bokuto-san hung up within a heartbeat. What the FUCK. Amongst the infinitely long list of reasons why I wholeheartedly wanted to reject his invitation, my social anxiety inevitably snatches the crown. Nothing can vanquish my hatred towards large gatherings. 

The thought of it made me gag.

But a stab of recollection hit my head as the events that played out a few hours ago flooded my thought deeper than the Mariana Trench. God was I wrong about nothing dethroning the king of social anxiety. 

Yes, I may be a guy, but quite frankly, I'm rather terrified of girls. I've never had a good rapport with any of the girls I've ever talked to, and I know how much of a pain they can be when it comes to hot beasts like Bokuto-san. (Did I just say that?) 

So no. I hate involving myself with the opposite gender, especially if they're coming to fuck me over.

Uh, and yes,

I'm kinda gay.