[chapter ten]; confrontation

3rd person POV

Akaashi woke up to a spam text from Bokuto the next day.

----

08:24 AM  Yo Akaashi, just wanted to tell you that the party's gonna be at my cafe. It's two blocks down the school. 

08:24 AM  ShalalaDingDong Avenue Block 69. I think that's the address wait leme ask 

08:24 AM  nvm its actually NoHomo Avenue Block 69 it's around the corner 

08:24 AM  Only the vball club members are there ohoho

08:25 AM  oH I FORGOTOOG

08:25 AM  TO INTRODUCE YOU TO THEW NEW OCOACH LAST RTIEM

08:25 AM  HE'S GONNA BE THERE LTER THOUGH SO DONT WORRY HAHAH

08:26 AM  oh ya my mom's also there cus she owns the shop

08:26 AM  wait i forgot the year two's lunch break tday is 30 mins long 

08:26 AM  can u like dig a hole through the backyard and sneak urself out 20 mins earlier

08:26 AM  so you can spend more time th

08:27 AM  or likE you knoe leave later and pretend you got run over by a bus 

08:29 AM  no? 

...   08:45 AM

I think I'll just leave when my break ends, I don't want to miss a class.  08:45 AM

Thanks though   08:45 AM

---

Akaashi's POV

That text left me completely speechless.

---

It is now 12:29. 

I've been bouncing my feet up and down throughout my chemistry class, completely restless. My mind was constantly disrupted by the flurry of different scenarios playing in my head-- heck I even prepared a bunch of things to say when I get there. 

Or maybe I should've prepared a speech in case they make me say some things.

Ugh. Whatever.

The bell rings and I get up to pack my books. It was lunchtime. I hurry down the staircase to the lockers and fished my key out of my pocket. 

Perhaps it wasn't for the clumsy nature that I had which made me drop my books. And knocked a stack of paper out of someone else's grip. 

"Ah... I'm so sorry!" I apologised as I start picking up the fallen papers from the floor. The girl, however, stood still without uttering a single word. I shrugged and proceeded on, until I saw two pairs of legs emerging next to the girl. 

I looked up to see three rather Karen-looking girls looking down on me like I was a pest, till the girl I bumped to finally said, "thanks for that, now do me a favour and bring it to the teacher's office for me, will you?" 

I stood up with her papers in hand, pretending not to hear what she had just said. 

She frowned at me, and looked like she was about to snap back at me if her friend hadn't whispered something into her ear. What was weird though, was that her eyes scanned me from head to toe right after their internal conversation had ceased. 

"Whatever. Give that back to me." the bitch rolled her eyes and snatched the stack of worksheets from me as if I was contagious. "Bet you bribed him... what a slut." she muttered under her breath as she took one last look at me. It took me a while before I realised that those three girls were the ones I overheard talking crapshit about me the other day in the bathroom. That sudden realisation made my heart skip a beat. 

I was ready to fight. 

"He-" I started, before I was yet again interrupted by somebody behind me.

"Hey you." I flicked my head around to see Bokuto-san locking his gaze on those asshats, eyebrows furrowed as if he was deeply offended about something. "Apologise to her now." 

My heart started palpitating so fast, I swear it could've leapt out of my chest. Bokuto-san was only a few centimetres taller than me, but somehow he seemed way bigger then. It.. it was really  attractive. Not to mention he was defending me.

The same girl who confronted me earlier had long, brown hair. Let's just call her turd for now. 

So turd started stuttering like a pussy, and said "H-hey Bokuto-senpai.. I was just telling her to help me with the papers since she knocked them over.. I really didn't mean anything by it.."

Hearing this made Bokuto-san even more furious. "Oh ya? So what was that last remark for? You don't just insult Akaashi like that." 

As he said my name, he placed his hand on my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

"I-I'm really sorry." turd bowed at me and left in a hurry, her two other friends following closely behind her as she broke into sobs. 

Bokuto-san retracted his hand off of my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" he asked, looking rather worried.

"Mhm," I nodded my head, giving him a small smile as I thanked him for that.

"It's always those three again.. bothering others..." he said, scratching the back of his head, "if they bother you again next time, tell me. I won't let them do anything to my--" 

He stopped midway, and cleared his throat. 

"I mean, to you." he ended his sentence. 

3rd person POV

It was already 12:40 by then, which means that Akaashi only had 20 minutes left of his lunch break. 

And as if all the odds were against him, Akaashi's form teacher called him out for a consultation.

Thankfully Bokuto was in a neutral mood today, otherwise he would've probably reverted to his emo mode (which is a huge pain in the ass, trust me). And for an occasion like a welcoming party, that would not really be appreciated. 

So Bokuto let Akaashi go for the consultation.

Akaashi's POV

Fuck that turd.

Well I mean-- I should be kinda thankful for her since she delayed me. And got me dragged away by my form teacher so I don't have to go to the party,

but half of me did want to go there.

Just so I could spend more time with Bokuto-san. 

I mean. It's not like I you know-- like him or anything, but I feel somehow at ease around him, though I know he can be rather dumb sometimes.

I want to get to know him. 

(I think I'm infatuated)