[chapter five]; the club

Not as Akaashi had ever expected, Friday came by in a blink of an eye. And what he was the most excited about, was the fact that it was the first day of volleyball club. 

If Akaashi himself could be frank, he may look calm on the inside, but he sure hated being around people he was not familiar with, even if he had seen them or made acquaintances before.

The dusty green-eyed male pushed open the heavy metal doors of the gymnasium, which the sound of them creaking led pairs of eyes staring back at him. 

The first one to react was the same person who had been giving out the volleyball club posters with Bokuto the other day.

"Ah, Akaashi-san, was it?" he said, slowly stepping towards the spoken person.

"Yes." Akaashi replied simply.

The shorter other then stepped aside, before introducing Keiji to the other club members. Konoha Akinori, Komi Haruki, Tatsuki Washio, Wataru Onaga. And Sarukui Yamato was his name.

"Pleasure to work with you." the latter bowed as he said so.

"Nice to have you with us." the rest of the club members replied in sync.

How is that even possible. The new manager thought, taken aback by how they could say the same exact thing at the same time, without any signaling.

Though one thing Akaashi had noticed, was that Bokuto wasn't there. 

"Right, Bokuto-san will be here soon, he was caught by... his teacher." as if Sarukui was reading his mind, he stated out. He hesitated for a short while, clenching his teeth together when he forced out those last two words.

"Alright, thanks." Akaashi could only say those words.

At loss of words, the new club member then looked down to his foot, avoiding eye contact from everyone--who were keeping their eyes on him.

Akaashi prayed for someone to save him from this awkward atmosphere. 

And it had to be someone who had faced this situation before. Worse or not with him alone.

Just those three words. THREE same words.

Hey

Hey 

Hey.

Akaashi knew who it was. Just by that cheery tone.

Which he never knew he'd love so much.