I forgot Joshua again

Chapter Five- I forgot Joshua again

Angel 's pov

Opening the door to my little house, I stop and realise: I didn't pick up my little brother from school today."Oh my God. I can't believe I forgot to get Joshua again," I exclaim furiously while running to the garage into to my car. I'm so glad I got off work early today, otherwise I don't know what I would have done.

"Stupid, stupid.How could I forget?" I said. Driving as fast as I could to his school.

After making a really sharp turn I finally arrived to Joshua's school. I saw him waiting at the front of the door with his teacher.

"Hi, sorry I forgot to come pick Joshua, it won't happen again." I said to his teacher.

"That's what you always say." said, Joshua

"Hey watch it young man," I said getting paranoid.

"Just be careful Ms. Hart, you're lucky I was here again to watch him for you." She said frustrated.

"I'm really sorry, it won't happen again Ms. Robert." I said feeling really bad that I forgot my brother.

"You better not, well I have to get going, have a good day Ms. Hart and see you tomorrow Joshua." She said leaving.

"See you Ms. Robert." Said, Joshua waving.

" Come on Joshua let's go home." I said,

" I can't believe you forgot me again," He said getting in the car and putting his seatbelt on.

"Joshua get that pout out of your face, look I know I forgot to pick you up but it's going to get harder now . Hey why don't I make up today? I can cook you, your favorite meal tonight and we can play your favorite games, watch T.v while we  eat ice cream, what do you think?"  I said, to him

"Okay, I guess we can do that. I love you big sis." Said, Joshua.

"Love you too Joshua and I'm really proud of you." I said, close to tear.

Joshua may be only 8 years old but, he understands more than a regular kid does. I act all tough in front of him because I don't want him to be worried about me, I want him to enjoy his childhood years and not be different. I want him to succeed in life and I will do everything I can to help him. Losing our parents was the worst thing that could happen to us. It wasn't only affecting his growing without them but, he's also missing them. I got to be strong, just for him.

Parking the car up the drive way, Joshua and I descend the car then, enter the house."Okay, why don't you go take off your school clothes and, then we can start cooking." I said on our way to our bedroom.

"Oh and, don't forget to wash your hands". I said,

"Ok, ok I will." He said,leaving.

Now, as I'm sitting on the bed thinking about this new job.I just started thinking, I can't comprehend on how working for Mr. Callahan is going to be. 

First day, of work was really interesting, first of all my new Oh so sexy boss barely even acknowledged me except when we first met and after that he barely talked to me and I don't know why. I thought everything was going fine but, I guess I was wrong. I met a lot of people there and most of them were giving me weird looks during lunch except for the desk lady Karen. I just hope that they don't mess with me because I will turn into a bad ass. Nothing will be able to stop me.

" Angel we need to start dinner." Said, Joshua knocking on the door bringing me back from my thoughts.

"Coming, coming," I said open the door. "Okay let's go."

"Last one down the stairs is a rotten egg," Joshua said, running down the stairs.

"Oh is that so?" I said sarcastically before running behind him.

" I win, I win" Said, Joshua dancing. " Now you're going to let me stay for a little bit past my bed time." He said doing crazy move.

"Oh that's really funny, I don't remember anything about letting you stay up late." I said sarcastically.

"But come on Angie, just this once." Said, my little brother pouting.

"Huh, look how cute you look, but, no is a no."

"Pretty please, just this once," once again giving me that pouty face.

"Okay, for only one hour." I said fluffing up his hair. "Now let's go make your favorite meal."

"Yes!" Said, Joshua happily.

*******

Later on

"Wow, that was really awesome Angie. Thank you so much ,I'm so full right now I can't even walk." Said, Joshua while patting his stomach.

"Your welcome Josh, " I replied sincerely.

Ring, ring, ring.

"Angie, your phone is ringing." Said, Joshua, while I ran to the kitchen to retrieve it.

" Hello?" Said, Angel

" Hey girl, how was work?" Replied Jenny. Man this conversation will take a long one. I know it will .

"Work was fine, Jenny

I'm just really tired now. " I said knowing what was coming.

"Really that's all you got? Come on tell me something;how about your new bosse's appearance. Is he cold as everyone says and why are you tired?" She said, rambling.

"Calm down girl, no need to rush ,and I have nothing say." I said ,

"What.. Nothing? You can't leave me hanging." She said, frustrated.

"Yeah, I'm not going to tell you how hot he is in person Jenny.  I'm tired because today was just too much and you know I don't like to dish about peoples life." I said, trying to drop it.

"Fine. I'll let you off hook the for now and just so you know we're not done taking about this."

"Fine, but you're not getting a lot". I replied wishing I could be under my cover now.

"Ok, so how's your little brother doing?" Jenny asked,

"He'a doing fine. You have no idea what happened today." I said,

"What??"She replied, eagerly.

"I forgot him again," I said feeling really bad .

"What is wrong with you? You sister need to get your head check ok?" She said, I really don't want to see her face now.I forgot him for how many times I can't even count. I'm a really bad guardian sometimes.

"Yeah, oh I have to go.I promised Joshua I would play with him, I'll talk to you tomorrow ok? And I won't forget him again ok? Have a goodnight." I said suddenly remembering.

" Like I believe you but, anyway goodnight , say hi to Joshua for me and don't forget that were not done with this conversation." Jenny said, hang in up.

I sigh wishing that I didn't have such a perky friend.

After I got off the phone with Jenny, I went back to the living room and played games with Joshua and then, we watched TV, while eating ice cream. After, he bathed, he then went to bed after saying he loves me and giving me a hug like he always does. Now laying on my bed ready to fall asleep. I thought about what would tomorrow hold for me and how eventful today had turned out. I got a new job working for a sexy boss and I forgot my brother at school.

Wow, what a day. I exclaim before sleep finally overcome me.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

HEY EVERYBODY, SORRY FOR THE DELAY I WAS HAVING SOME TROUBLE.

HOPE YOU ENJOY.

VOTE

COMMENTS

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Louve----