Chapter 15. Hallucinations

New Text To: Stiles <3

I'm on my way out the door now, be at Derek's in a few.

My fingers hastily tapped across the screen of my phone as I rushed around in my room in search of my bag. I dropped my mom off at the hospital and returned home so I could find my purse, and Scott took his motorcycle to go and see Gerard with Allison. Stiles wanted to go and get information from Peter and Cora about Derek and his sudden disapparance, but in order for me to do that I needed to drive over there. I don't know why I didn't just let Stiles pick me up, like he offered to do about ten times before I finally snapped at him. I've been being entirely too moody lately.

"Screw it," I muttered as I flicked my light off and trudged out of my room, I don't need my bag all that much anyway. If I get pulled over and don't have my license I'll pull an emotional break down card and hopefully get out of that ticket. I don't have the patience to put up with crap like this right now.

The sound of the phone ringing echoed up the staircase and I groaned to myself as I increased my pace so I could pick it up, but before I could it went to voice-mail and the recording started to play on the answering machine. "You've reached the McCall's! We currently are unable to take your call right now, but if you want to leave a message so we can call you back that would be awesome!" My mom's voice played on the tape, and then silence ensued.

With a raised brow I took a step closer, but then that chanting started. The one that was on the phone in the music room that Lydia had found. It was getting louder and without thinking my hand shot out and I snatched the phone up, pressing it to my ear frantically.

"Hello?"

"Kasey?" My eyes widened when I recognized his voice. My dad's voice. Again, I panicked, and I slammed the phone back down on the receiver. What the actual hell is he doing calling our house? I blinked rapidly as I shook my head from side to side. It wasn't real. He didn't call. It's getting harder to breathe and I know that I'm just over-reacting. I need to calm down. It wasn't him. My mind is just playing tricks on me, that's all.

The sound of glass shattering in the kitchen drew my attention from my distress over my piece of shit father. My head snapped up in the direction as I swallowed dryly, oh this isn't good. Come on, Kasey, just walk in there. You can do this. My steps were pain-stakingly slow as I headed in the direction of the kitchen, my right hand gripping the pen that I had snatched off the table of the receiver tightly. I took a deep breath as I called out, "Hello?"

"Kasey?"

I let out a sigh of relief at the sound of Stiles' voice answered me. Oh thank god. I walked into the kitchen, chuckling as I realized I was just being over dramatic. "You wouldn't believe--" I froze as I came face to face with myself. My eyes widened as I took her in, her eyes were bloodshot and she had a slash across her throat that was oozing blood down the front of her white shirt.

She turned her head to the side as she studied me, "What's wrong with you?" Her voice sounded like Stiles' voice. My hand flew up to my mouth as I slowly backed away, but before I could get out of the kitchen my feet seemed to glue themselves to the tile. I squeezed my eyes shut as I tried to get this image out of my head, this isn't real. This isn't real. This can't be happening.

"Kasey, look at me!"

I started to cry as I shook my head from side to side, "You're not real. This isn't real." I mumbled to myself, trying to get this mirage out of my kitchen. Why does she sound like him? Why does she look like me? This shouldn't be happening. I'm dreaming. This is just some really sick and twisted nightmare, that's the only explanation.