Chapter 43. De-Void

“You’re not my son,” 

I could hear the chains of the handcuffs snap and that was our cue to walk in and “ambush” the Nogitsune. I couldn’t really do anything, considering everyone was safer without me having a weapon. Plus, the Nogitsune has a slight hold on me— and who knows what wold happen if he tried hard enough to use it.

Allison and her father walked in first, Derek and I followed behind them. I could see Stiles standing in front of Sheriff Stilinski. He smirked when he saw me, this is what he wanted. He wanted me here. 

I swallowed thickly and took a step closer to Derek. Void Stiles cocked his head to the side in amusement. He was enjoying this too much. 

Allison pointed her little stun-gun at him and shot it. The two ends that sent the electricity through your body flung at Stiles’ body. His hands flew up and snatched the cords, he stretched and pulled at them until Allison lost her grip on the gun, and he flung it across the room.

Derek growled and his fangs popped up as he rushed at Stiles. I watched fearfully as my boyfriend’s body took down Derek. He twisted his arm behind his back and smacked Derek’s face against a table before hurling his body towards the wall. Derek smacked the wall with a loud thud before he hit the ground and started coughing. 

The all too familiar sound of a safety on a gun clicking off caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up. Stiles’ head turned slowly as he took in Chris, pointing the gun directly at him. 

This wasn’t in the plan. 

“Argent, listen to me. Don’t do this.” Sheriff Stilinski said. 

I swallowed thickly. This was bad, very very bad. Stiles is still in there somewhere, if he shoots him— he’s going to kill Stiles, too. Not just the Nogitsune. 

“Why not? I’ve done it before. Werewolves, berserkers. I can easily add a Nogitsune to the list.” He seethed, inching his finger on the trigger. That’s when I panicked. I jumped in front of Stiles, not bothering to think my action through before I did it. 

Sheriff Stilinski pulled his gun on Argent, “You’re not going to shoot my son and his girlfriend.”

“You said it yourself, Sheriff. That’s not your son.” Chris said as he nodded his head at Stiles. 

I let out a shaky breath, “Yeah, but I’m still me— so do you really want to add an innocent teenage girl to that list of yours?”

“Put it down,” Stiles’ dad ordered. Allison was shaking beside him and Derek was watching in a panic. 

I could feel Stiles’ hand on the small of my back. I wanted to flinch away, but I was afraid that if I moved someone would pull the trigger. 

“Put it down,” Sheriff Stilinski repeated as Chris refused to lower his gun. The panic was seeping into me once again. 

Stiles’ voice shook from behind me, “Dad, he’s going to shoot us. He’s going to kill me, dad.” 

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly. That sounded like him. It’s not Stiles. It’s not Stiles. It’s not Stiles.

“Don’t listen.” Chris snapped. 

“Put it down. Put it down!” Stiles’ dad yelled. He was getting agitated. I could feel the tension rolling off of both of them in waves right now.

Stiles stepped in front of me then, looping an arm around my waist as he did so. I was stunned as he actually put himself in front of me. Why would the Nogitsune risk hurting Stiles’ body when he needs it until he can get to me?