Chapter 25. Nightmares or Reality?

Running, why am I running? Something is chasing me but I don't know what it is. Why is it chasing me? My house appeared in front of me and I stumbled through the front door, risking a glance over my shoulder to see an inky black fog creeping up the steps of my porch. I slammed the front door shut and made a break for the staircase to my bedroom; I could hear the wood in the front door splintering as the fog managed to break through.

I tripped through my doorway as I tried to shut my door, but it wouldn't budge. Why won't it close? The fog was inching up the stairs and faint yellow dots were glowing inside as it continued its advance. I started to scream as I continued to shove my body against the door, it still wouldn't move.

"Close the door, Miss McCall!"

I shrieked as Mr. Harris appeared in the hallway right in front of me. His throat was slashed and his blood was staining his pale skin and white shirt. One of the lenses in his glasses was cracked and his hair was a disheveled mess. My feet frantically carried me to my closet. I tried to close that door as well, but it also wouldn't move.

The black fog seeped into my room and the moment it touched my skin I started to cry out in pain. A pair of arms emerged from the fog and grabbed at my ankles, pulling me out of the closet, and dragging me into the hallway. My hands latched onto the railing of the stairs as the arms attempted to get me down to the first floor. Everything was burning and I couldn't get away.

"Kasey let go, I won't let it hurt you." I glanced up to see Stiles crouched down in front of me, a smile in place on his face. I let out a scream and released the railing when I noticed the blood smeared around his mouth and on his hands. The smile morphed into a sadistic smirk as the arms tugged me down the stairs and out of the front door into the dark oblivion.

"KASEY! KASEY WAKE UP!"

I jolted upright and started thrashing around in my bed, shoving the pair of arms off of me. My vision was blurred due to the tears spilling from my eyes, I tried to get as far away from the hold as I could, but it was too strong. I was screaming as loud as I possibly could, someone needs to help me! They're going to take me!

"Kasey! Stop! You're okay!"

I let out a strangled sob as I realized it was Scott that was trying to calm me down. My arms wrapped around his shoulders as I continued to cry, he held me tightly as his hands ran up and down the expanse of my back soothingly. I buried my face in the space between his neck and shoulder, trying to push the images from the nightmare out of my mind.

"It's okay, you're okay." Scott mumbled as my screaming finally stopped, I pulled out of his embrace and glanced at him with tears streaming down my cheeks. He had a worried look plastered on his face as his eyes were narrowed in concern.

I let out a shaky breath as I ran my hand through my hair, "I need to call Stiles," I mumbled. My dream had been about him after all. He was obviously psychotic. I mean, he had tried to kill me. At least I think that's what he was trying to do. 

I glanced at the time on my alarm clock, it was after midnight. Stiles is probably asleep, and I don't want to wake him up... he hasn't really been sleeping much lately. I haven't either. I keep having the same dream over and over but slightly different every time.

This black fog is always chasing me, and I try to hide but I can never close the door. Then someone that we know that has been dead for a while pops up and screams at me to close the door, and I can't close it and then the fog grabs me and pulls me into this empty black void. Stiles being there with blood on him was different though, that's never happened before. I don't know why my subconscious would conjure that up, but it scared the absolute hell out of me.