Chapter 20. Gone

i apologize in advance with how short this chapter is. i obviously didn't cut the episode very well... haha, so yeah. 

"Oh my god, please tell me that you know how to do CPR." I panicked as I ran my hands through my hair. I've never actually learned how to do it, my mom has talked to me about it but I am not confident enough to actually try to do it. 

Stiles nodded quickly, "I think so. Okay, you can do this. You can do this." He mumbled to himself as he rolled his sleeves up and awkwardly titled her chin up. 

"Okay, tilt the head... fingers on the chin, clear the throat-- nothing, I see nothing. Okay, so just pinch the nose and blow." He rambled as he then did just as he said-- he punched her nose and pressed his mouth against her's. 

I ignored the pang of jealousy I felt, mostly because Cora could die and now is not the time to be having a jealous bitch fit. He needed to save her, otherwise we would have one very angry Derek on our hands. 

"Come on, Cora." Stiles muttered as he went in to blow another puff of air into her lungs. Watching someone actually perform CPR is more nerve-racking than anything I have ever experienced. I can literally see her chest moving up whenever he blows air into her, and that just shows that she is currently not breathing, which means we have like thirty seconds before the blood in her system no longer has oxygen pumped through it, and that's when she goes brain dead-- leading to her being legally dead.

After a few more puffs of air, Cora let out a gasp and her ragged breathing from before started again. Stiles let out a sigh of relief, "Thank god."

"New rule, the only time you're allowed to put your lips to another girls, is if they're dying." I remarked as I rubbed at my temples. This evening was probably the worst one that I've had in quite a while. 

Stiles chuckled as he grabbed my hand, "I think I can manage that."

"Just, hold on a little longer.." I mumbled as I glanced at Cora, I know she can't hear me, but it doesn't hurt to try to talk to her. And if I am being completely honest, I'm not just talking to her. My statement was also directed at Stiles, and myself.

I glanced at Stiles wearily, to see him watching the floor intently. I feel like the worst girlfriend on the planet right now, there is absolutely nothing I can do to help him. I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze, "It's gonna be okay."

"I've been thinking... about what Cora said, about just showing up and finding the bodies." He mumbled as he kept his brown eyes focused on the floor.

I nodded slowly, "I have too."

"Maybe she's right, maybe that's all we actually do. Kasey... I don't want to find my dad's body." His voice broke as he hesitantly met my gaze, his eyes shining from unshed tears. 

"You won't, because he's going to be okay. Stiles, I promise you that." 

He wiped at his eyes and attempted to smile, "You know it's a lot easier to talk to you when it's just the two of us."

"Yeah, we haven't really had much alone time lately." I chuckled softly, giving his hand another squeeze. When all of this craziness is over, we are going to have to go on a date or something.

Stiles opened his mouth to respond, but he froze when the sound of growling echoed around the garage. Oh, that's not good. I glanced out the window to see Ethan and Aiden as mega-wolf walking past us. I swallowed nervously as I pressed my back up against the side of the ambulance. 

I squeezed my eyes shut as the sounds of doors opening and closing, and then the pitter patter of more footsteps continued outside of the vehicle. Someone was coming towards us, and I don't like the odds of it being one of alpha's.