Chapter 3: Izoku, Secret Demon of the Leaves

I do not own any of the Naruto characters or settings. I only own my OC, Akuma Izoku.

This chapter does not contain any descriptions of blood.

I hope you enjoy the story of Izoku, Avenger of the Akuma Clan of the Village Hidden in the Shadows!

~~~*~~~

"You think you can beat me with that level of ninjutsu?" Izoku teased as she flashed her hands to three signs. "Shadow Style: Dark Sphere of the Hound!" A ball of rotating dark purple substance grew in Izoku's palm. She blasted it to her opponent.

Kakashi dodged to the side, the Dark Sphere grazing his sleeve.

"You certainly can't beat me with that level of ninjutsu!" Kakashi teased. "We're Jonin now, can't you use something more advanced?"

"You asked for it!" Izoku smirked mischievously. "Here I go! Wind Style: One Thousand Shrieks of Death!" She stuck two fingers in front of her mouth with her thumb opposite her middle finger. From her lungs, she blew a massive wind that screamed like battle cries, mixed with a vast amount of Chakra. Kakashi tried to evade the attack, but the wind covered too much ground. He tumbled back into a tree, denting the trunk a good three inches.

"Nice one!" Kakashi grunted, wiping some sweat off of his right brow. "But not good enough to defeat me!"

"Bring it on!" Izoku thundered.

"Fire Style: Dragon Fireball Jutsu!" Kakashi blasted a sphere of flame toward her, the molten hot magma shifting in its spherical form as it launched toward her.

"Water Style: Arctic Polar Geyser!"

She sprayed icy water at the hurling ball of lava, cooling and slowing the scorching ball down until it dropped onto the grass below. The two Jounin landed on the ground, both out of breath.

"Your power never ceases to amaze me." Kakashi smirked.

Izoku lifted her chin.

"You're not too bad yourself." Izoku laughed. "Rojin!"

"Ahh, you asked for it!" Kakashi tackled her with lightning speed, sending her back against a tree. The two laughed as Izoku pushed him off; her eyes wandered over to the boy as she analyzed him within moments; he had changed very much since their first meeting.

The death of his father had a hard toll on him, and ever since his suicide, Kakashi had never once mentioned the White Fang ever again. Izoku, who had also seen the man as a father figure, shared the weight of the loss, as she had lost another loved one in her life. They were both seven at the time.

And ever since that mission, he had come back to Konoha even more solemn. He had lost a friend, Uchiha Obito as Izoku had heard, in the infiltration of the Kannabi Bridge in the Land of Grass. Though most Kakashi's days were now filled with tragedy and haunting memories, his usual energy was always released during training or when around Izoku. His Leaf forehead protector now slid down to cover his left eye, his dark mask still present.

She had wondered what was behind that headband ever since he came back, but he was always touchy with the subject of it.

Izoku took a heavy breath after the laughing had ceased and pushed herself up, offering a gloved hand to the still-laughing Kakashi.

"Hungry?" She smiled.

"Starving," he chuckled, taking her hand. She hauled him up and they walked together towards the village, pushing each other and eventually racing each other to the gate.

"First!" Izoku declared as she crossed the gate. "You get to pay for lunch!" she laughed as she looked behind her, only to see trees and dirt.

"I wouldn't think so." Kakashi smirked, standing in the middle of the busy street.