Chapter 12: Keep Your Enemies Close

I do not own any Naruto characters or settings.  I only own my OC, Akuma Izoku.

This chapter does not contain any descriptions of blood or violence.  

I hope you enjoy the story of Izoku, Avenger of the Akuma Clan of the Village Hidden in the Shadows!

~~~*~~~

Izoku exited the shop with Mr. Buki, the man locking up the cloth-covered door frame with a heavy chain curtain. She confirmed her shifts were daily and thanked the shopkeeper once again, waving goodbye as she ran off into the darkening street. Her expression turned grim as she ran through the village.

What do they plan to do in the invasion? Izoku thought darkly. How do they even plan to find me, let alone catch me?

The raven-haired kunoichi reached the second floor of the apartment and walked calmly to the room. She knocked on the door twice, stepping back as she heard some movement on the other side. A shirtless silver-haired shinobi answered the door.

“Yes?” He peeked out the door, opened just so a crack big enough to fit his head through was ajar. He wore his black mask and the matching strip of fabric fell loosely over his left eye, as usual.

“I'm here to see Shinku Shikon.” Izoku rolled her eyes.

Kakashi shook his head.

Gomen'nasai, he's out at the moment.” Kakashi's eye filled with humor.

“Let me in, rojin.” Izoku pushed the door open, forcing Kakashi back.

“Easy there, tiger.”

He tousled his slightly moist silver hair; he must have just taken a shower.

“It's Panther-sama to you, misuta.” Izoku jabbed him in the chest with a firm finger. Izoku took off her shoes and walked into the kitchen. “I'm starving.”

Seeing the small bag of tea she had bought last night, Izoku heated up some water.

“Any plans for dinner then?” Kakashi leaned against the sink, facing her.

“Actually, yes.” Izoku looked through the cabinets to look for the matching tea cups that went with the teapot she selected. “I'm meeting two guys at Taste of In'ei in fifty minutes.”

“Two guys?” Kakashi choked.

“Calm down, baka.” Izoku rolled her eyes, taking out two emerald-green metal tea cups. “They know something about what the Kuraikage has been planning.”

“Couldn't you have talked to them when you had met them?” Kakashi crossed his outrageously muscular arms over his ridiculously fit chest.

Izoku swallowed, trying not to stare.

“Uhh...it would have looked suspicious.” Izoku glanced up, her violet eyes wide. “Like I was interrogating them or something.”

“But you are interrogating them.” Kakashi rolled his eyes.

“Yes, but I can't make it obvious,” Izoku snapped.

“Fine.” Kakashi walked to sit on one of the stools behind the counter. “Tell me when to get ready then.”

Izoku froze. The teapot screamed as the steam escaped the nozzle. She turned off the fire and slowly turned to the impossibly amazing looking shinobi, who gave her a look of absolute confusion.

Un...about that...” she laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head. “I have to go out with these guys alone. See, they're under the idea I asked them out on a date, and I'm pretty sure they're already fighting over who's going to be the “top dog.””