Chapter 11: Life in In'ei ~ Day Ni (2)

I do not own any Naruto characters or settings.  I only own my OC, Akuma Izoku.

This chapter does not contain any descriptions of blood or violence.  

I hope you enjoy the story of Izoku, Avenger of the Akuma Clan of the Village Hidden in the Shadows!

~~~*~~~

Izoku woke up late in the morning. She opened her droopy eyes only to see the bright rays of the sun, streaming in from the slightly open blinds. She nuzzled her face into the pillow...

No...it wasn't a pillow.

Izoku flashed her eyes open again. She turned her head to look up; Kakashi was sleeping soundlessly as she rested her on his gently rising and falling chest. Izoku smiled and then placed her head down on his chest again. Slight mumbling made her ears prick up.

“Izo...chan...” Kakashi muttered softly. Izoku sighed as she realized he was dreaming of her, her hand next to her face as her fingers played with the loose material of his t-shirt.

What was this feeling? It felt oddly familiar...but somewhat different. When she was with Asuma, an aching feeling would stir inside of her chest, but it felt rather pleasant. It was something she didn't feel when she was with Gai, which led to them breaking up a few weeks later. Izoku thought of Asuma as she listened to Kakashi's heart beat against her ear; the sound was soothing and calming.

“Kakashi-kun...” Izoku whispered. She closed her eyes slightly as she sighed again. “My dear friend...I think I'm falling for you...”

“Izo-chan...” Kakashi murmured again, his head tossed to the side. Izoku grinned again. She wanted it to stay like this forever; his arms wrapped around her, her head resting peacefully on his chest as his lips kissed the top of her head. She realized at this point that Kakashi wasn't just a crush.

“Kakashi-kun...”

His heart started to beat quicker now, puzzling Izoku. She sat up and watched over the sleeping man.

“Kakashi?” she asked, confused. She laid a hand on his cheek and then recoiled as she felt it ran slick with sweat. Izoku noticed now that his face was scrunched up into a pained expression. “Kakashi?”

“Izoku!” Kakashi jolted up into a sitting position, Izoku squeaking and jumping back in shock.

“Kakashi!” she screamed.

“Oh Kami." He reached out to her and grabbed her hand. “Come here.”

“Wha –?”

“Just come here please!” Kakashi insisted, desperate.

“Kakashi-kun...”

She crawled over to him and sat next to him. She put a hand on his face and looked into his glimmering charcoal eye. “What's wrong, Kakashi-kun?”

“J-just a nightmare,” he stammered as he wrapped his arms around her. Kakashi pulled her close so that she was almost sitting in his lap. Izoku fastened her arms around Kakashi's neck, closing her eyes as she sighed.

“Was it about me?” Izoku murmured. Kakashi looked up at her, panicked. “There's no need to be embarrassed.”

“W-well...” Kakashi stammered, avoiding her gaze. “You were dying in front of me, under the hands of someone.”

“Someone?” Izoku nuzzled closer to him. “Who was this 'someone?'”

“An older lady.” Kakashi nestled his face into Izoku's neck. “It looked like the Kuraikage.”