Chapter 17: Frenzy

I do not own any Naruto characters or settings.  I only own my OC, Akuma Izoku.

WARNING:  This chapter contains vivid descriptions of blood and violence.  

I hope you enjoy the story of Izoku, Avenger of the Akuma Clan of the Village Hidden in the Shadows!

~~~*~~~

“Izoku!” Jiraiya called to her. “Who are you talking to?”

Izoku snapped her head up, her forehead streaked in streams of blood and her mouth stretched into a massive smile. Her glowing crimson eyes were wide, pupils dilated into small spheres. Her head cocked to the side slightly as she brought her frail hands up and quickly flashed a series of hand seals.

The Sannin stiffened.

“What are you – ?”

“Ryu...Tora...Hebi...Nezumi...Uma...Ousu buta...Oushi...Ohitsuji...Tora...Tora...Inu...Nezumi...Ryu...Ousu buta...Nezumi...Inu...Ryu...Inu...Hebi...Ohitsuji...Nezumi!” Izoku's eye twitched as she opened her mouth in a manic laugh. “Demon Summoning Jutsu!”

“That's the Akuma Clan's jutsu...” Jiraiya stepped back, his eyes wide. “What's going to – ”

The volcano that stood dormant in the distance suddenly rumbled, shaking the ground. All of the ninja who fought turned their attention to the towering mountain that shook violently.

“The volcano...” one of the Shadow ANBU murmured in fear.

“It's going to blow...?!” another Shadow nin shouted.

“That can't be...”

“Hogo-sha, save us!” a kunoichi called to the heavens.

Izoku glowered as she let her arms fall limp again, her back arched and her head hung low. The three Sannin, including Orochimaru, gazed at her in fear.

“What did you do...?”

“I've been holding back~!” Izoku sang, her features spread wide in a bloody giggle, her wide red eyes alarmingly bright. “Now I'll show you the true power of my kekkei genkai! Rise, Akuma-sama, King of the Demon Realm!”

The volcano blew its top, a massive chunk of its peak flying into the air along with the thick jet of glowing lava that spewed from the summit. The chunk of rock crumbled and rained down on the valley; screams of civilians could be heard from the battleground. The lava grumbled and gurgled, raining down from the sky in bright droplets.

“Izoku...!” everyone shrieked.  Both Leaf and Shadow nin looked at her in horror and despair.

An earsplitting roar erupted from the volcano; everyone's attention was snapped back to the exploding mountain. Izoku glared at the summit with a look of insanity and madness, her wide luminous red eyes reflecting the brightness of the lava spurting from the mountain.

A massive clawed rock clutched at the rim, the lava dripping from its giant stone claws like water. Another foot emerged from the volcano and the monster heaved itself out from the peak. Its angled face opened into a loud, thundering cry. It squeezed its gargantuan spiked body from the volcano and spread its shredded wings, the thin, veined membrane spanning over the mountain range as it slithered its bottom half from the volcanic pool. Its thick snake-like tail slithered from the peak, spilling lava from the bowl, and wrapped around the entire mountain. The empty crevasses that reached across its entire body blasted with lava, the molten rock shooting up into the open veins and illuminated the beast in the golden-orange liquid.

Even in the distance, the dragon was enormous. Its glowing golden eyes stared down at the valley, pin-pointing Izoku, who stood staggering in the small crater she had created and had been slammed down in. The Demon king raised his stone head and let out a booming roar, the giant craggy horns on his head grinding against the thick rocky layer that covered his body. He pushed off the mountain, sending boulders rolling down from the peak, and soared high into the sky.