Chapter 13: Life in In'ei ~ Day San (3), the Confession

I do not own any Naruto characters or settings.  I only own my OC, Akuma Izoku.

This chapter does not contain any descriptions of blood.  

I hope you enjoy the story of Izoku, Avenger of the Akuma Clan of the Village Hidden in the Shadows!

~~~*~~~

“Izo-chan...” a soft voiced called to her as she slept, a gentle hand stroking her long black hair.

“Hmm...?” Izoku cooed as she shifted to the side, sighing.

“It's time to wake up.”

Kakashi's cool voice rang in her ears.

“I don't want to...” Izoku grumbled as she rolled over and pushed a pillow over her head.

Kakashi chuckled.

“You have to, Izo-chan.” He grabbed the pillow and tossed it to the side, his voice still even and smooth. His mouth suddenly brushed against her exposed ear. “You have work.”

“Gah!” Izoku screamed as she opened her eyes with a start. Kakashi laughed, pulling away from her. “Don't do that, rojin!” Izoku sat up and threw a pillow at him.

“What did I do?” Kakashi gave her his stunning one-eyed smile.

“You scared me!” she pouted, crossing her arms. “Don't sneak up on me like that!”

“You knew I was behind you.” Kakashi chuckled, jumping off the bed.

“But I didn't know you'd sneak up on me.” Izoku picked up the pillow she threw a moment earlier and chucked it at him again. Kakashi laughed again as he caught the cushion.

“Calm down, baka.

He tossed the pillow to the side as he entered the bathroom. He started to get his toothbrush and squeezed a glob of toothpaste on it. He then proceeded to close the door.

“Hold it right there, mister!” Izoku hopped out of the bed and pushed the door against Kakashi.

“What?” Kakashi widened his eyes. “What did I do now?”

“You broke your promise!” Izoku pushed the door open and looked him with round, shining violet eyes.

“What promise did I make?” Kakashi raised an eyebrow.

“You promised to tell me your darkest secret last night! But guess what? You didn't!

“Well you, Miss I'm-going-on-a-date-with-two-guys, weren't here last night because of your stupid 'interrogation.'”

“Well, a deal is still a deal!” Izoku crossed her arms. “Spill it, rojin!

Kakashi threw his hands up in exasperation. He slammed down his toothbrush and sighed.

“Fine.” He leaned against the sink, turning to her. His arms crossed over his dark gray under shirt. “What do you want to know?”

“Hey!” Izoku jabbed an accusing finger at him. “The deal was 'deepest darkest secret.' So, what's your deepest darkest secret?!”

“I don't really have any.” Kakashi shrugged. “You can just go and ask me questions.”

“Alright.” Izoku turned away for a moment, pondering. She then whipped around and landed a palm on his chest, her face inches from his. “Show me what's under that mass of fabric!”

“Will do.” Kakashi rolled his eyes. He tugged at the face mask, pulling it down at a painfully slow speed. Izoku waited, leaning on the wall opposite of the sink he was supporting himself on and tapped her foot impatiently. His hand suddenly pulled the mask down and he grinned. “It's another mask!”