Cold-Blooded

^^ Alda ^^

--- 5 days ago ---

--- James ---

I sighed. "Do I seriously have to come with you?" I complained to Arthur.

He nodded. "You're going to apologize."

"What for?" I growled.

He simply appeared in front of my, his face inches from mine, his eyes blazing gold. "For sending a woman's rapist into her room while she was not only sleeping, but naked, as some petty revenge for an imagined slight!" He snarled.

I growled. "I was just playing around, and besides, it's not like she's actually her rapist, she just scared her a little, and they're mates! It's not like she'd ever hurt the annoying witch, mores the pity."

His fist crashed upside my jaw, and I was launched off of the hood of the car, crashing to the dirt.

"Get off your high horse, twerp, you wanted to hurt her. I'm not stupid, and neither are you. Now, you'll apologize, and then you'll never bother her again. I still don't know why you bother her now!" He snarled, kicking my leg.

"She's a black witch! She doesn't belong here, or anywhere else in the world! Anything that uses death for magic should join their victims." I hissed.

He froze, then slowly looked at me. "Was that a threat, boy?"

I gulped, and looked away. "Just my opinion." I grunted.

"Then fucking get over it. Do you know how many of your bones she's healed? Go on, count them out. Maybe I'll re-break them to refresh your memory of the pain she saved you from." He growled threateningly.

"She's never healed a broken bone of mine!"

"Oh? That's what you think, huh? What about your legs, and collarbone, from that motorcycle wreck? She also healed your road rash. She had to kill a raccoon to knit all of the shredded pieces of skin on your back together again." He snarled.

I blinked. "You said-"

"I know what I said. I lied, so that you wouldn't feel indebted to her. I didn't know it would mean you hating her, or I would've been more honest. You've always been healed by her, ever since you were six. Along with every other weir in this clan. Every wound, big or small, was handled by her in one way or another." He waved off my protests.

I blinked, remembering all the times I'd gotten hurt. I'd broken every bone in my body, at least once. Most of those wounds should've been fatal...

"Good, now that you've realized how much of an ass you are, let's go." He nodded.

Abigail came out of the house, and climbed into the passenger seat, ignoring me.

I grumbled and climbed in the back.

---

I hopped out of the truck bed, and followed Abigail and Arthur into the witches shop. "Why are we here? I thought she was at a bar?" I asked.

"So are we. It's secret though. Not a word to anyone. It's bad enough I'm bringing you here." Abigail said, and led us into a stairway to the basement.

We passed through an illusion door, and then there were more stairs.

"Ugh I've asked her again and again to install an elevator..." Abigail sighed, and we started walking.

---

We reached a glowing doorway, and I stepped back. "What's that?" I growled, smelling black magic already.