Hurry Up!

To make a long story short, I'm house sitting this coming week.  The owners are friends of my friend's family, so my best friend's mom took me over yesterday to go through everything.  After the lady showed me around, she and my friend's mom started talking.  It was fine, except I'm on my period, and I really wanted to get home to go to the washroom.

But I patiently stood there listening to their conversation, inwardly asking them to please hurry up.  Finally, after about 10 minutes (but it felt like 20), they said goodbye and we walked out the door.  

I was relieved that we were going, but then we saw the lady's husband.   And of course we had to talk to him too.  Because I'm not bleeding profusely out of my vagina right now.  No biggy.  Still, we stood out in the blistering heat for about 20 minutes talking about cottages.  I could feel myself burning up, and I didn't know if what I was feeling was sweat or blood.

In my head, I was practically yelling at them to stop talking and go, but I stood there with a smile on my face and tried to stop my urge to tap my feet.  Eventually, his wife came out and scolded him for keeping us from going home.  I was like THANK GOODNESS.  I got in the car, was driven home, and raced to the washroom to find that, thankfully, I had felt sweat.