_six_

Clint asked for us to go into the infirmary. "Jeff what's going on?" I asked walking over to Alby who was laying on the bed tied down. I ignored the girl who just came out of the box.

"Why won't she wake up?"

"Hey man, I got my job the same way you did." I kissed Alby's head and he calmed down a bit. I walked over to the group of guys and Jeff hugged me.

Thomas was staring down at the girl. "Do you recognize her?" Newt asked both of us.

I shook my head, "No." Thomas answered him.

"Really cause she seemed to recognize you two."

"Don't pull this Klunk on me Newt. I've been here three god damn years." He stepped back a bit.

"What about the note?" Thomas asked.

"We'll worry about the note later."

"I think we should worry about it now." Thomas told him.

"We've got enough to worry about now." I said staring at the girl. I keep searching for something in the blurry memories I don't have.

"He's right Mother. The box isn't coming back up. How long do you think we can last?" Jeff asked sadly. My motherly skills kicked in and I went over to him and held his hand. I'm not losing anyone else.

"No one said that. Let's not jump to conclusions. We'll just. We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows."

"Somebody's gotta have some answers around here." Thomas started walking out of the hut. "Where are you going?"

"Back into the maze." I tried to follow him but Minho pulled me back.

"Stay here. Wait till she wakes up okay? I'll go with him." I nodded and Minho ran out while I stayed with Newt.

"Any idea why she knows you?" He asked me.

I shook my head, "No. But I will tell you this. When I saw her, something about her was familiar to me. I can't put my finger on it. But I knew her. Before my time in the maze. That was three years ago." Jeff had left as did Newt and I. We walked around the glade and into the Forrest.

"I always liked it here. Just being in silence. Away from all of you tools."

"Thanks." He laughed sarcastically.

"It's true, well the liking the silence part. You can barely hear you guys. It's just my place to think you know?" We stopped and sat on the ground. "Being here three years takes a toll on a person you know." Newt nodded and we sat in silence.

"Listen Lydia. I have to talk to you about something."

"What's up?" I turned to look at him.

"Well I can't really sugar code it because the only other girl in the glade is basically in a coma. But I uh. I like you. Scratch that. More like I love you. We've been here together for years and I'm barely getting up the courage to do it now. Probably because everything's changing and I have no idea what's going to happen to us or if we will get out of here ever. I just really had to tell you this before anything bad happ-" I cut him off.

"And you didn't tell me this sooner because?" He was shocked by my answer.

"I just didn't think you'd like me back. Even in the loads of times we've spent together." He said looking into the distance.

"Hey newt."

He turned back to me, "What?"

"I love you too." He smiled and we leaned into kiss until Frypan came and found us.

"Oh, sorry. Was I interrupting something."

"A little bit, yeah." I laughed.

"What's up Fry?"

"We found something." Newt and I got up and the three of us made our way back to the homestead.

"Yeah we found this. It was inside a griever." Newt was holding some sort of machine in his hand. It had what looked like dry ink on it. It also the like letters W.C.K.D on it alone with the number 7.

"These are the same letters we get on our supplies." Newt said studying it.

"Yeah, whoever put us here, obviously made the grievers. This is the first real clue, the first anything you've found in three years right Minho?"

Minho slowly nodded, "Right."

"Newt. We gotta go back out there."

"He's right. Who knows where this could lead us." I agreed with him.

"You see what he's trying to do right?" Gally asked. "First he breaks our rules and then tries to convince us to abandon them totally. The rules are the only thing that have ever held us together. Why Now are we questioning that? Lydia, you and Alby created these rules why don't tell me you'd just abandon them." I lowered my head, "If Alby was here you know he's agree with me. This shank. Needs to be punished." I looked over at Thomas and then to Gally and then the rest of the guys in the room with us.

"You're right. Thomas broke the rules. One night in the pit and no food." Newt concluded.

"Oh come on newt! One night in the pit? You think that's gonna stop him from going into the maze again?"

"No! And we can't just have non-runners running into the maze whenever they feel like it. So let's just make this official." They looked at me confused. "Starting tomorrow you're a runner." Gally gave me a look asking if I was serious.

"Wow." He started walking when Frypan tried to stop him.

"Gally..."

"No fry." He smacked his hand away and left.

I looked at Thomas, "Congrats kid, you got your wish." I followed behind Gally and Frypan hoping to talk to him. Newt followed me shortly after and we started walking around the glades again.

"So about that conversation earlier..." He dragged on. We were near the doors of the maze and I leaned up against the wall.

"What about it?" I hid my smile.

"I was thinking." He started to lean in when Winston came and stopped us. Why do they do this?! Can't a girl get one simple kiss?!

"Was I-"

"What is it Winston?" I asked annoyed.

"The girl. She's awake." I looked at Newt and then back to Winston.

I JUST REALIZED AS I WAS WRITING THIS CHAPTER THAT I HAVE HOLLAND RODEN AS LYDIA AND DYLAN O'BRIEN IN THE SAME STORY. STYDIA MOMENTS SHALL HAPPEN NOW.