Chapter 2

Chapter 2:
Keelan's POV

A week after we received the news of my sister, king Henry showed up on our front door step. He brought my sister's remains in a urn. Apparently he had no choice but to burn my sister's body, because his servant thought the illness might be contagious.

He asked my father if the peace treaty can continue and my father agreed. I wanted to scream at my father not to, but what could I do?

When my father's mind was made it was done and nothing could change it.

After Henry's departure, my father told me to stay behind.

"Keelan, I know how you feel. That is why I grant you permission." My father said with a flat tone.

"Pardon me, father. Permission for what?" I asked.

"Permission for you to find a way to start a war with that good for nothing formoggal." My father said with an angry voice.

"You don't believe what he said about Eleanor?" I asked.

"Not a word, you and I both know that fae hardly get sick. And where would she have gotten the illness?"

"Exactly my thoughts. But you told him the treaty would continue, why?" I asked.

"To buy you time to train your forces for a war until you find a way to break this treaty." My father said and I nod my head in agreement.

"I won't let you down father."

Rose's POV

I was travelling to the market through the thick woods. The birds were chirping, but then all of the sudden a silence befell the lush green forest.

There was an eerie silence and a shiver ran down my spine. I felt eyes watching me and that was when I started to increase my pace.

It wasn't the first time I felt like being watched but it was definitely the first time I felt scared of the person watching me. Maybe it was just my overactive imagination...

When I heard the crunch of a leave I started to run. Speeding towards the village that was just through the forest.

Then suddenly a man in a black hood jumped infront of me.

"Where do you think you're going, Sweetheart?" He said in a slimy voice.

"This lass will sell pretty." another voice said behind me and I spun around only to see another hooded figure.

My heart raced in my throat as I realised that I was surrounded by to strong men.

"Guys, you know we only want her money." A third voice said and I guessed that he was the leader with the way he held himself.

"Nick, look at her. We could easily make a few coins of her." The first man said.

"No, I will not kidnap a girl." The third replied.

"You're right you won't." A fourth voice said and we all turned around to see a handsome dark haired man sitting on a black stallion. His swords tip was pointed at the second man's throat.

"The Scarlet Swords." The man on the horse drawled, "to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Nothing sir, we were just leaving." The leader said.

"Correct answer. Now off you go and I better not find you in these parts again." The dark haired man said.

The leader nodded to the rest of his gang and they ran of into the forest after the man dropped his sword from the third man's throat.