Chapter 14

Keelan's POV

I was hopeful when I entered the throne room, but when I saw the looks on the knights faces that last bit of hope was lost.

"Nothing?" I asked.

"No sire, nothing." Nick said.

"Where could she be?" I asked.

"We don't know sire, nobody has seen her for a while." Ben said.

"Should we tell Rose?" Caleb asked.

"No not yet. She will just think Henry has her and there is no telling what she'll do. Can you get near the castle and maybe ask around. Ask for a woman with the name of Agatha, she was Rose's maid, maybe she'll know something."

"We'll go right away."

"No, you've been gone long enough stay for the night, you can leave tomorrow." I said as they all nodded before they left. I sat back in the throne thinking of what to do next.

How do I tell Rose that her mother is missing. I could not do that, not when I didn't know where she was. I decided it was better to not tell her until the knights returned.

"Here you are, I've been looking everywhere for you?" A voice said that startled me out of my thoughts. When I looked up I saw my mother with the brightest smile ever.

"Why were you looking for me, mother?" I asked as I stood up and walked towards my mother.

"To ask if the rumours were true?"

"What rumours?"

"That you and Rose have admitted your feelings for each other." She said as she looked at me expectantly. I gave her a huge grin before I nodded my head. My mother let out a squeal that sounded like a young woman who has just been asked to marry someone.

"And how did you ask her to court you?" She asked.

"Oops."

"Keelan don't tell me you didn't."

"Mom, I was so worried that she was going to marry Mr Mole that it slipped my mind."

"So you didn't ask to court her?"

"Not directly, but I guess if we admitted our feelings we should be courting now."

"Darling I love you, but you need to develop that romantic bone in your body. You need to show Rose that you are serious about her. Actions do speak louder than words after all."

"But-"

"No buts, we will start planning right after dinner, now let's go eat." She said as she dragged me out of the room. Boy was I in for something.

-*-
Rose's POV

My fingers flew across the spines of the old, leather bound books. Each book was filled with interesting facts about faeries and I couldn't get enough. The library was like a playground for me and I couldn't read enough.

When I finally took a break from my reading I realised that I was late for dinner. I sprang to my feet and after I returned the book to its rightful place I rushed to the dinning hall.

When I arrived the doors were pulled open for me and I saw that everyone was already seated.

"Sorry I'm late, I got caught up in the library." I said as I walked to my seat. Keelan stood up and after giving me a knee buckling smile he pulled my chair out for me. I thanked him before he returned to his seat.

"We understand dear, the library can easily take away your time with all those interesting books." The king said.

"I agree." I said as the food was brought out and we started to enjoy our meal. We laughed and talked as we ate the delicious food. Between bites Keelan and I would steal glances which would reward us with cheeky grins.