Chapter 20

*Rose's POV *

Henry and his knights led us through the castle and up the stairs to the battlements on top of the castle where the archers stood aligned on the wall.

When I looked on to the horizon I saw a enormous army coming from afar. I knew instantly that it was Keelan and his army. As they neared I saw Keelan dressed in his armour. He looked up and our eyes locked, he gave me a small smile. I couldn't help returning his smile and think how much I loved him.

Suddenly the knight grabbed my arms behind my back before Henry stepped infront of me leaning in closer. "Enjoy watching your love, for his hours are numbered." Henry said as he gave me a mocking smile.

When I looked back at Keelan I saw his eyes were focused on something next to me. When I turned around to look at what he was looking at I saw Eleanor smiling at her brother. It was a perfect sibling moment and Henry and his men dissapeared for just a moment.

Keelan whispered into his father's ear that made him whip his head up to the battlements almost instantly. When he saw her a smile spread over his face, beyond excited that his daughter was still alive.

Henry saw this moment as an opportunity. He ordered two knights to stay with me and Eleanor before he descended down to the battlefield.

It was a while before Henry stepped out onto the battlefield with his army behind him. The two armies exchanged words before the brutal slashing of swords commenced. Fae against human. Everyone's face scrunched up in concentration with their smiles long gone.

When I looked closer I was surprised to see the enchantress fighting alongside the men. She was old, but don't let her age fool you. The archers let loose and a few fae fell. Some luckily had their shields to protect them.

My eyes were locked on one man, Keelan. He fought violently through the human army. He was a force to be reckoned with. When I saw where he was going my heart started to jump, for he was going straight to Henry and I didn't like it one bit.

-*-

Keelan's POV

I slashed my way through the human army in attempt to get closer to Henry. I wanted to get to Rose and my sister as quick as possible. But first I had a monster to dispose of.

With each passing second I got closer and closer to the man who has ruined my life. The man who took both women I loved most and he was going to pay for it.

Henry and I met each other in the middle where we circled each other, sizing each other up.

"Ah the fae Prince, think you can win this war?" Henry asked mockingly.

"I know I can." I spat right back and we both started our fight that was filled with anger and passion.

-*-

Rose's POV

I saw Henry and Keelan starting to fight. They were equally strong and I was scared of what the outcome might be.

"He is strong." Eleanor whispered trying to make me feel better, but failing. I had to help Keelan, there was no way I was going to let him die.

Knights moved past us the whole time as we stared at the battle unfolding infront of our eyes.

A man dressed in armour was about to pass us, but when he laid eyes on Eleanor he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Eleanor?" He asked.

Eleanor looked at the knight and the look of disbelieve crossed his features.

"Finn?" She asked and he nodded.