Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Rose's POV

Henry violently dragged me out of the room and down the hall. His grip around my arm was extremely tight and it started to throb with pain. I wanted to ask him to let go a bit, but with one look at his face I didn't bother.

He dragged me towards the library. The servants down the hall looked at us strangely but as soon as they noticed Henry's fuming face they averted their eyes and rushed past.

Question after question popped in my mind as I wondered what was going on. Had I done something wrong? I only helped the servants, he couldn't surely be mad about that.

He opened the library and dragged me inside before he the door closed behind us. He finally let go of me as he started to pace the room. I rubbed my hand over my arm somehow trying to dull the throbbing sensation. I stared down at my injured arm when I saw the red marks around it, it was surely going to bruise.

"What do you think you were doing?" Henry's sudden question took my attention of my sore arm.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I asked what do you think you were doing helping the servants?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"I only helped them." I replied.

"That is not your job, Rose." He said loudly.

"I know, but I wanted to."

"And what do you think the people will say when they hear that the future queen is prancing around and helping servants, commoners do their jobs." He spat. There was a fire in his eyes I've never seen before.

"I'm a commoner, Henry. And I would not let you talk so lowly about those people." That's when his hand shot out and I felt a burning sensation a few seconds later as my head whipped to the side.

I touched my cheek with my hand feeling the burning sensation.

"Don't you dare tell me how to speak, I am your king and you will do as I say." He said menacingly before he stormed out of the room.

I was stung to say the least. I hissed in pain when my hand touched the wound again. I couldn't believe he hit me. The realisation of the events hit me and that's when the water works started.

I ran to my room as quickly as I could manage and after locking the door behind me I curled up in my bed. When I was consumed in my covers I started to sob.

Why did he hit me? I just didn't want him to talk about the commoners so lowly like he was better than them.

Maybe I spoke out of my place. He is the king and I shouldn't have spoken my mind. But wasn't he the person I was suppose to share my thoughts and opinions with?

My eyes became heavy with sudden exhaustion as the events took a toll on me. My puffy red eyes must have looked a sight, but I didn't really care. All I cared about was to watch what I said and to make sure never to upset Henry again.

A knock on the door awakened me from my peaceful slumber, pulling me away from my dream. I let out a yawn as I sat upright in bed, wiping my eyes.

"Who is it?" I asked in a groggy voice.

"Agatha miss." I heard Agatha's voice.

I climbed out of bed and went over to the door to unlock it. I opened the door for Agatha and after she stepped inside I closed it behind her.

Agatha was probably the same age as my mother and since the day I arrived she took me under her wing. She reminded me so much of my mother.

Agatha gave me a smile before her eyes widened as she took in my appearance. A worried look crossed her features as she looked over me. She placed a loving hand on my cheek, comforting me.