Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Rose's POV

The stench of the dungeon overwhelmed me as we entered the darkened place. The knights dragged me over to a room with a dark wooden door. When we entered I immediately recognised the room as the one in my dreams.

My heart started to beat in my throat and my body shook with fear. What was he going to do to me? Then I remembered all the scars on the woman's back in my dreams. Was this maybe where I was going to get all my scars?

The knights dragged me to the opposite end of the room before they tied my hands above my head. I was almost hanging from the ceiling if I didn't stand on my toes.

I heard footsteps enter but I couldn't see who it was for my back was faced against the door.

"You may leave." Henry ordered his knights and I heard their retracting footsteps before the door closed behind them.

"Henry, you don't have to do this." I said with a small voice.

"You're right, Rose, I don't. But I will, unless you promise to marry me." I wanted to tell him that I'll marry him just so that I didn't have to go through with it, but then I saw the gushing scar on the little boy's back and I couldn't.

"No." I replied.

"Then you leave me no choice." He said. I heard the whooshing of the whip before I felt I slicing pain across my back. A loud scream resonated through the room as it left my lips. He repeated the question again and I replied the same. I was rewarded with another slash, followed by another painful scream.

We repeated this process for what felt like an eternity. He must've realised that I wasn't going to give up, because I heard him put down the whip.

His footsteps neared me and he came around to look me in the eyes. I placed an emotionless mask over my face so he couldn't see my pain.

"If you don't marry me, I'll kill all the workers on your mother's farm and then I'll kill her. Slowly and painfully." He gritted through clenched teeth.

That was my breaking point, I couldn't have the blood of innocent people on my hands. I started to nod my head and replied with a weak yes.

A smile spread across his face, "I knew you would come around, the wedding will be next week. Now let's get you cleaned up. You look like a mess." He said as he undid my bindings before he carried me back to my room.

He told Agatha to clean me up and to apply salf on my wounds. I laid on my stumach as tears rolled down my face.

I should've listened to that stranger at the ball...

-*-

Keelan's POV

News arrived that the wedding would be in a week's time. That means I had a week to get a kidnapping team together and I knew just the right people.

"Joshuan." I greet the captain of my guards and my life long friend as he enters my study.

"Yes, Keelan, what can I do for you?" He asked.

"Do you by any chance know where that human bandits are?" I asked.

"The knights from the human realm that came here for refuge? I believe they call themselves the Scarlett Swords."

"Yes that group, I need you to find them and bring them to the throne room." I ordered.

"Yes, sire. I'll see to it immediately." Joshuan bowed his head before he left, I only hoped the men would accept my offer.