Chapter 10

Rose's POV

A few minutes later Ms Mousy returned with the new bandages. She told me to sit on the bed while she redressed my wounds.

When she began her work, I began my story from the beginning. I told her everything, I poured my heart and my soul out. When I came at the whipping part, my throat cloaked up.

"It's okay, Rose your safe now." Ms Mousy said as she patted me on the shoulder. I continued my story and when I was done there was a silence between us.

"That son of a formoggal! Wait till I get my little hands on him. I'll show him whose boss, he'll be sorry he was born!" Ms Mousy said loudly as she paced the room. Her face was blood red and she kept on mumbling things under her breath, mostly how she would skin him alive for what he did.

I quickly sprang to my feet so that I stood infront of her, I placed my hands on her shoulders to calm her down.

"Ms Mousy, please stop, your overreacting."

"I'm not overreacting, that formoggal hurt you, he needs a good slappin'. " she huffed, "We should tell someone about this, let me speak to the Prince I'm-"

"No, Ms Mousy, please no one should now about this. Please." I said as I looked her in the eyes.

After holding her gaze for a while she reluctantly nodded her head.

"I won't tell a soul dear." She finally agreed.

"Thank you." I said as I hugged her.

"No trouble at all. Rose, just remember you don't have to carry this alone. You can always share the burden." She said.

I knew I could talk to someone about this, but this was my dark past and I wouldn't expect it from anyone to help me.

-*-

Keelan's POV

Weeks flew by as Rose and I had our daily walks. At first it was silence all the way, but after I learned that she always dreamed of visiting my lands I thought that this walk can be turned into a private tour.

I showed her my favorite spot in the garden and it somehow became hers. She begged me each day to sit at my favorite spot.

There were so many times that I wanted to tell her the truth, but then I would think about how she would react and I decided against it. We were growing close and there were times I forgot why she was even here. I could feel my feelings change and every time I looked at her there was something within me that wished she would return my feelings.

While I was busy in my study working after my walk with Rose, my mother came to pay me a visit. She looked over excited about something and that already made sirens go off in my head.

"Keelan your father has requested a meal with Rose." She said.

"What?" I asked completely baffled.

"Your father wants to invite Rose to a family dinner with us."

"Why? She's a prisoner, mother." I reasoned.

"Your father wants her to be treated nicely and I suggest you do the same. And your father wants to see who is living under his roof." She said.

"Alright, I'll tell Ms Mousy to dress her nicely, when is this dinner?" I asked.

"Tonight, and Keelan don't you dare be late." Was all she said before she left me to my thoughts. I know I expressed myself against it, but in actuality I was actaully excited to spend more time with Rose.