"Time Traveler?"

Hiro checked his room one final time to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything. He hesitated a moment when his eyes fell on his microbot that he used for bot fights.

"No, I promised no more bot fights," Hiro told himself, glancing at the framed photo of his older brother Tadashi. Tadashi had died in a fire a little over a year ago. It had taken Hiro a while to come to grips with the death of his brother, but with the help of Baymax (a health care robot Tadashi had made) and a few friends, Hiro overcame his grief.

"But I do need you," Hiro decided, reaching for his gray jacket. He pulled it on, waved to Tadashi's photo, and jogged down the stairs and out into the open air. It was an overcast day, with thick gray clouds looming over San Fransokyo.

"Be safe!" Aunt Cass called out the door of the cafe.

"I will!" Hiro promised. "Besides, it's just school!" I'm not fighting any super villains today, Hiro added in his mind. He walked down the street, hands in his pockets and whistling as he went. As he passed the park that market the halfway point on his walk to school, a sound stopped him.

"Coo coo! Coo coo!"

"Hello?" Hiro called, turning towards the sound. It was coming from the empty wooded park. He pulled his hands out of his pockets, squinting at the trees.

"Sounds like some sort of bird," he said to himself. He chuckled. "Big bird."

"Coo coo!" the noise came again, a little more insistently. This time Hiro saw a face appear from behind the trunk of a tree before disappearing. He moved closer to the person, curiosity burning. He stopped beside the strange young man.

"What are you doing?" Hiro asked. The young man reached up and pulled Hiro into a crouching position beside him. He had dark hair that looked like it was gelled up into some sort of spike in the front and he had brown eyes. He was wearing a navy blue shirt with a yellow lightning bold on the front and blue jeans.

"Sh!" he hissed. "You never know who's watching!"

"Who are you?" Hiro asked, pulling back. Wilbur smiled and held out his hand.

"Wilbur Robinson. Time traveler extraordinaire at your service. And you're Hiro, right?"

"Yeah," Hiro replied, shaking Wilbur's hand. "Time traveler?"

"I came from the future to protect you," Wilbur explained, glancing around.

"Why me? Why now?" Hiro asked.

"Because He is around here somewhere," Wilbur explained. "You were the closest to my time, so I decided to get you first. But we have to get the two others as well."

"He?" Hiro asked. "He who? And what others?"

"I'll explain later. Come on!"

Wilbur grabbed Hiro's arm and stood up, pulling him deeper into the trees.

"Wait, someone's in danger?" Hiro asked as they hurried along.

"Yeah, a couple someones, including you!" Wilbur said.

"I need to grab my suit!" Hiro protested.

"I already got it, along with that red briefcase," Wilbur said.

"Baymax? You got Baymax?" Hiro asked. They came to a stop in the middle of a small meadow. Wilbur released Hiro and began waving his hands through the air.

"How did you travel through time?" Hiro asked.

"My dad's time machine," Wilbur explained. A small ship materialized out of thin air. It was painted bright red, with two long wings and a glass dome for a roof. Four seats were visible inside. "He made a few modifications a while back, including adding two more seats for family outings. Come on in."

Wilbur opened the time machine and sat himself in the driver's seat. Hiro climbed into the seat next to him, examining all of the controls. He turned his seat around to find his armored suit and Baymax's briefcase on one of the backseats.

"Hold on tight," Wilbur commanded as he pressed a button of the dashboard. The glass dome sealed itself and the time machine took to the sky.

"Where are we going?" Hiro asked as he pressed against the window.

"Not where, when!" Wilbur chided.

"Fine. When are we going?" Hiro corrected himself.

"To get the next person in danger, Violet Parr," Wilbur announced as light enveloped the time machine.