"Then This Is . . . Goodbye?"

Hiro waited nervously outside of the kitchen door. Penny, Bolt, and Wilbur were nearby. Wilbur's eyes were downcast.

The door opened and Baymax stepped out, followed by Mr. Robinson. He had his hand on a sullen Violet's shoulder.

"Is everything . . ?" Hiro started, unable to finish.

"Patient Violet Parr should make a full recovery, in time," Baymax announced. He deactivated and deflated until he was inside his red suitcase.

"She's just going through a major chemical imbalance right now," Mr. Robinson agreed. "In time she'll get her powers back. It will just take a while."

"Isn't that great, Violet?" Penny asked. "Things are going to be ok!"

"I think it's time you all return home," Mr. Robinson announced.

"Home?" Hiro asked. "But . . . we won't see each other again?"

Mr. Robinson released Violet's shoulder and held out four cell phones. Each one was a different color. There was red, purple, blue, and black.

"I built these earlier today. They act like mini time machines with built in timers. You can call or text each other, and they'll only receive it after a set amount of time in their own time period. That way you can all keep in touch."

Each person accepted a cell phone. Violet took the purple one, Penny took the red one, Wilbur took the black one, and Hiro took the blue one.

"Then this is . . . goodbye?" Penny asked. Mr. Robinson nodded.

"You can't stay here. You all need to go back home. But I believe you'll see each other again. I'd be a fool to think otherwise."

"Well . . . goodbye then. Come on, Bolt," Penny said. She swept Bolt into her arms and moved to leave the room. She hesitated, cast one last look at Wilbur, and left.

"Bye, bird man," Hiro said to Wilbur, picking up Baymax's suitcase as he did so. "Bye, Violet."

"Bye, Hiro," Violet whispered, staring at the floor. She moved to leave the room.

"Violet, I'm sorry," Wilbur said. She paused at his words, then continued walking. Hiro glanced at Wilbur, but his face was pale and silent.

"Best get going," Mr. Robinson said, putting an arm around Wilbur and nodding his head towards the door. Hiro nodded and stepped out of the room. Mr. Robinson's words echoed in his mind.

I believe you'll see each other again. I'd be a fool to think otherwise.

---

Book 2:

Dominion

Currently under edit. First chapter is published