Prologue

Prologue

       One thing I loved was summer vacation. One thing I didn't love about summer vacation was not having anything to do, yet at the same time, not wanting to go out anywhere. The struggle.

       My boyfriend walked out of the kitchen and to me. "Hey, I have an idea," he said. "What would you say to renting out a lakeside cabin and spending a two weeks there?"

       "Two weeks?" I asked. 

       "Yes, two weeks," he said.

       I sighed. "I don't know."

       His lips curled into a pout as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Please? It will be fun and it will be nice to have a vacation after all the crap we've been through. If you say yes, I'll....I don't know. I'll love you forever."

       "You already do."

       "You're not making this easy for me," he said, nestling his face in my neck. "I'll kiss you."

       "You'll kiss me anyway."

       "You're right," he said as he started pressing kisses onto my neck. 

       Even though I really didn't want to go, I knew he wasn't going to stop begging me until I agreed. So I did. "Fine, we'll go."

       He pulled away and smiled at me. "Really?" When I nodded, he pulled me into a hug. "It's going to be great, trust me." He nestled his face in my neck again. "You smell good, by the way. Like flowers."

       I laughed. "I'm glad you like my smell. Showering does wonders. What kind of flowers? Wait, let me guess. Lilac's?"

       He snorted. "No way."

       "Oh wait, I know," I said. "Poppies?"

       "But of course."

       "So, when will we go on the vacation?" I asked.

       "Next week," he said. "Good thing you said yes because I already rented out the cabin. It's really beautiful, trust me, you'll love it."

______________

So here's the preview of the short story I'm going to be writing for the summer. I posted a preview in two of my books and a lot of guesses were made, but now, it should be really obvious as to who the couple is. cx