Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Poppy

       "I really hate you," I said to Grayson as I pulled on my swimsuit.

       He just looked at me with a smile, still laying on the bed. "Come on, you enjoyed it."

       My cheeks reddened a bit. I may have been dating this stupid man for four years, but he still made me blush at times. "That's not the point."

       "You're the one who pulled me in here."

       "Because you wouldn't shut up."

       "Hey, in my defense, I wanted to see what making love on a water bed felt like," Grayson said, giving me his normal cheeky smile before getting off the bed and getting his swim trunks out. Ryder was going to wake up soon, so we were going to head out onto the canoe.

       When his swim trunks were on, he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I love you, Flower. I really, really love you," he said.

       "I love you too," I said. "Even if you are really annoying at times."

       Grayson smiled and leaned down, pressing his lips on mine before pulling me into a hug. We then walked out of the bedroom and I went to go find the sunscreen and Ryder's hat since we would be in the sun for a while.

       It wasn't long before Ryder woke up, but he just laid on the couch like he normally did after he woke up. I knelt down beside him. "Do you want to go on the boat?" I asked.

       Ryder immediately smiled and sat up. "Yeah!"

       Grayson walked over, carrying Ryder's swim trunks and an extra shirt he wore whenever he went swimming or in the water. "You have to put these on first," Grayson said.

       After Grayson helped Ryder get changed, I put sunscreen on Ryder, then his hat. I put sunscreen on myself before handing the bottle to Grayson so he could put some on my back.

       It was always a bad idea whenever I asked him to put sunscreen on my back. He took way too long on purpose. I really hated him at times.

       "Flower, you need to do my back now," he said, handing me the sunscreen.

       "You're not going to wear a shirt?" I asked.

       "No way, I want to tan," he said. I put sunscreen on my back and as soon as I finished, he said, "Now my chest."

       "Shut up, you can do it yourself," I said.

       "I know, I'm just teasing you," he said.

       Once we were all ready, we left the cabin and went to the canoe which Grayson set beside the car so we wouldn't have to do it at this time. I bet if we had to, Ryder would keep on running off to the lake while Grayson and I tried getting the canoe.

       I put the smallest life jacket on Ryder, who tried to refuse wearing it. "It's too ugly," he said. 

       "Ryder, if you want to go on the boat, you have to wear it," I said. "I know it's ugly, but look on the bright side. Your dad looks uglier than you do."

       "Hey!" Grayson objected. "I am not ugly. I am...."

       "Hella sexy, yeah, I know," I said. "You still look ugly wearing the life jacket."

       "Yeah? And so do....Dammit, why can't you look ugly in a life jacket?" he asked. "I hate you for that."

       I just smiled at him before standing up. Grayson pulled the canoe to the look and I held Ryder's hand so he wouldn't run to the lake like always. When the canoe was at the edge of the lake, I lifted Ryder up and put him in the middle of the canoe.

       I was about to get into the back, but Grayson stopped me. "No, you sit in the front," he said.

       "Why?" I asked.

       "Well, usually, the steering happens in the back and I've canoed before," Grayson said. "And the heaviest person should sit in the back."

       "Oh, that makes sense," I said before going to the front, taking one of the paddles with me.

       "And so I can look at your butt."

       "I really hate you."

       Grayson just smiled and pushed the canoe further into the water before getting in. He then told me how to paddle and it wasn't long before I started getting the hang of it.

       Ryder was laughing the whole time, throwing his hands up in the air. He was really enjoying the vacation we had, which made me even happier that Grayson suggested we go on it. It was good to get out of our cramped apartment.

        Grayson stopped paddling in the middle of the lake and put the paddle down before taking off the life jacket. "What are you doing?" I asked.

       "Going for a swim," he said before jumping in the water, splashing me and Ryder.

       Ryder giggled when Grayson surfaced. "Me too, me too, me too!" Ryder said.

       Grayson swam closer to the canoe, holding the edges. "When we're in more shallow water," Grayson said. "The water is too deep here for you to come in."

       "You're mean," Ryder said. "And ugly."

       "Ryder!" Grayson said.

       Ryder stuck his tongue out at Grayson before crossing his arms and turning away.

        "Aww, you hurt his feelings," I said. "You're a mean dad."

        "Very funny," Grayson said. "Ryder, how about we go around the lake a bit more in the boat, then head back so you can go in the water?"

       "No," Ryder said. "I'm mad." To prove it, he looked at Grayson with an adorable scowl.

       Grayson chuckled and kissed Ryder's cheek before getting back into the canoe. We paddled around for a bit longer before heading back to the shore. Grayson hopped out and pulled the canoe so it wouldn't float in the water. He then helped me and Ryder out and I took off my life jacket.

       Ryder kept his on while Grayson took him a bit deeper into the water, which made Ryder laugh, splashing the water around. "Come on, Flower," Grayson said. "You're too close to the shore."

       I sighed before swimming over and standing beside Grayson. "Thank you for taking us here," I said. "Ryder really loves it and it's a great vacation so far."

       "I'm glad you two are having fun," Grayson said. "It definitely is worth saving up the money to come here. But I believe you owe me a proper thank you."

       I smiled and gave him a quick kiss. "Thank you, Grayson. We really needed the vacation."

       Too bad I had no idea this vacation wasn't going to be perfect at all.

_________________

Some drama is about to come. cx There probably won't be any Popson drama though, because there were already three books for that. cx