Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Poppy

       By the time I woke up the next day, Grayson was already awake and out of bed. I slowly got out of bed, rubbing my eyes before leaving the bedroom and heading to the kitchen where Grayson was cooking something, probably bacon, at the stove.

       I went on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek. "Morning, Grayson," I said tiredly.

       "Good morning, Flower," Grayson said, kissing my cheek in reply. "Did you get enough sleep?"

       I shook my head, yawning as I sat down at the table. Even after the party in the cabin next door was shut down, the people who were staying there were way too loud, and I think they were doing it on purpose. They kept talking and laughing really loudly, which said something because they were indoors and I could still hear them.

       Ryder, thankfully, wasn't bothered by them and was finally able to fall asleep.

       "It's okay," Grayson said. "Because we are going to get some revenge today."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "How on earth will we be getting revenge on them?"

       Grayson shrugged. "I don't know yet. We'll just have to be really annoying today so when Ryder wakes up and we eat, we will be going outside and I will tell our dear son to be as annoying as possible."

       "You know, if we don't do anything back, they'll probably stop," I said.

       "Probably not," Grayson said. "I did ask them nicely if they can turn down the music yesterday, but it was a no, so...."

       "Dad!" Ryder suddenly called from the bedroom. "I want out!"

       Grayson walked into the bedroom to help Ryder out of the playpen he was using for a bed. He walked back into the kitchen, setting Ryder on the floor. Ryder ran over to me and hugged me. "Hi, Mommy," he said.

       "Hi, Ryder," I said, picking him up and setting him on the spot beside me.

       Grayson finished making the late breakfast, since it was past eleven already, and served it on three plates. He set them down at the table and we began eating. Once we were finished eating, Grayson got Ryder changed and put sunscreen on him since we were going outside.

       Once Grayson and I were also ready, the three of us went outside, with Grayson making sure he brought the water guns 'just in case'. His words.

       The people staying in the cabin beside ours, two girls and two boys were outside as well, so Grayson knelt down beside Ryder. "What do you say on being as annoying as you can possibly be?" I asked.

       "Why?" Ryder asked.

       "To annoy those people," Grayson said.

       "Okay," Ryder said.

       Ryder then began dancing around the front yard, singing the alphabet song at the top of his lungs. He did that three times before one of the girls got so mad, she said, basically yelling, "Can you tell your son to shut up?!"

       That got Ryder to start crying and ran to Grayson. "Really?" Grayson said to the girl.

       "What? He's annoying!" she said.

       "He's only two!" Grayson said. "You're music was annoying last night, but I didn't yell at you to shut up."

       "Whatever," the girl scoffed. "Just a heads up that we're throwing another party tonight,so you might want to go into town to get some earplugs."