Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Grayson

       I watched my Flower while she ate her brunch peacefully, wondering if I should ruin the peace just because I liked bugging her.

       I was going for it.

       "When can we make love?" I asked in a whiny voice, which made her choke on the bite of pancakes she just took. "It's a water bed!"

       Poppy took a long sip out of her water to wash the pancake down. When it was finally down, she looked at me. "I can't believe you said that!" she said.

       I just gave her a smile. "Come on, you know I love bugging you."

       Poppy sent me a glare before continuing to eat her brunch. She was going to accept soon. She would want the water bed love-making.

       "Daddy, more bacon please," Ryder said.

       I reached for a few more pieces of bacon on the plate, but I stopped when I looked at Ryder's plate. "You have to finish your eggs first," I said.

       "No, I want bacon!" Ryder said. "Please?"

       "Finish the rest of your brunch," I said. 

       "You're mean," Ryder muttered before he stabbed a piece of pancake and ate it angrily. He ate the rest of his brunch with a scowl on his face. However, as soon as he took the last bite of his eggs, he smiled happily. "More bacon, please!"

       I sighed, handing him more pieces of bacon. He was obsessed with them.

       Since I was done with my food, I got up from the table and washed my dishes before heading to the bedroom to get changed since I was still wearing my pajama bottoms. I pulled on a pair of shorts and a tank top and walked back out.

       "What about now?" I asked Poppy.

       "No!"

       "We'll have to do it before we leave," I said just to bug her even more.

       "Can you find something productive to do?" Poppy asked.

       "Yes I can," I said. "It includes a water bed. Care to join me?"

       "I really don't like you," Poppy said.

       I smiled and kissed her cheek. "Love you too, Flower. Oh, by the way, there's actually a storage at the side of the cabin. And there's a canoe in there, so the three of us are going canoe after Ryder's nap."

       "No nap!" Ryder said.

       "You don't have to nap now," I said. "You're going to nap later, like you do every day."

       "No nap!" Ryder said, hopping off the table. "You go nap!" He then began running around the living room.

       I quickly picked him up, which made him giggle. "You are an energetic little boy," I said.

       "It was the bacon!" Ryder said. "The bacon possessed me!"

       I kissed his cheek before placing him on the ground, letting him run around. I probably had to blame myself for my son's weirdness.

       "Flower, I'm going to get the canoe out so I don't have to do it later," I said.

       "Okay," Poppy said. "Do you need help?"

       "No, I think I can handle it," I said. "Besides, someone has to watch our little weirdo." I grabbed the key to the storage off the key hook by the door before walking out.