Chapter 10 | Final Chapter

Chapter 10

Grayson

       Poppy and I were so happy when we saw the people in the cabin beside us pack up their stuff into their car. I'm not going to lie, I even sat outside of our cabin and watched them with an amused smile on their face.

       That only caused them to glare at me, but I didn't care. I just waved at them and continued to watch them.

       As soon as they drove of, I felt very relieved. Finally, we could have a proper vacation without those people making too much noise or making Ryder cry.

       I walked back into the cabin. "Were you sitting there just watching them pack?" Poppy asked.

       "Yes," I said. "Good news. They are officially gone. So now...." I sat down beside her on the couch, wrapping my arm around her. "We can have a little fun, if you know what I mean. We haven't been on that water bed in a while."

       Poppy slapped my shoulder. "No."

       "Aww," I said. "What about a shower? Together?"

       "I really don't like you at times," I said.

       I smiled at her and kissed her cheek. "I love you too, Flower," I said. "Did Ryder go down for his nap?"

       Poppy nodded. "He's in the playpen, which is in the bedroom, so don't you dare bring up the water bed love making again."

       "I wasn't," I said. "What about shower love making?"

       "You know, I wish you went back to your obsession of making out instead of making love," Poppy said.

       "So what I'm hearing is you want to make out," I said. "I'll take it."

       Poppy rolled her eyes. "Or you can not have an obsession at all."

       "Come on, where's the fun in that?" I asked. "Give me your lips, Flower?"

       Poppy smiled at me before pressing her lips on mine. Hey, who could blame me for wanting to make out with my beautiful girlfriend? The girl I was so madly in love with and the girl that I never wanted to lose.

       After a make out session, which in my opinion ended to fast, Poppy stood up from the couch. "I'm going to go read outside," she said. "I need a bit of sun."

       "Okay," I said. "I'll stay in here for when Ryder wakes up. But you owe me."

       Poppy furrowed her eyebrows. "Why would I owe you? Your his father. It's also your job to take care of him."

       "Oh, no, not that," I said. "You owe me for ending the session too early. My lips are dying without yours on mine."

       Poppy just smiled and kissed my cheek before heading outside with her book. 

       I randomly got a craving for a milkshake, so I got up from the couch and went to the kitchen. I grabbed the ingredients out to make a simple chocolate milkshake and put them in the blender before starting it. 

       I found it a bit strange that Ryder could sleep with the blender going, but he couldn't sleep through loud music that was playing. Then again, the blender was probably quieter than the parties that were thrown.

       After pouring the milkshake in the glass, I sat back on the couch and opened my laptop to watch some TV shows. 

       When one episode finished, Poppy walked back inside and flopped on the couch with a huff. "Guess what," she said. "People are already in the cabin beside ours and they're probably worse than Bonnie and Lucile and them."