Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Grayson

       Elliot and her family came over a bit after noon. I didn't exactly tell them we were going to be the nosiest people ever. I just told her to bring a karaoke machine.

       When they were walking in the cabin after I opened the door for them, they all looked around the cabin. "Wow, I should have thought about renting out a cabin," Laughlin said. "So why exactly did you want us to bring a karaoke machine?"

       "You didn't tell them why?" Poppy asked.

       I shook my head. "Okay, so the people in the cabin beside ours are really loud and rude," I said. "They threw a party two nights in a row and Ryder couldn't sleep because of how loud they were. I even tried asking them to turn in down and show some regard for everyone else, but they didn't listen."

       "Yeah, and yesterday, Grayson was taking a bit too long so I went to get him," Poppy said. "One of the girls tried pretending that Grayson was making out with another girl by showing me a guy with sandy blond hair wearing the exact same clothes as him making out with someone."

       "But Flower trusts me, so...."

       "Well, that and he didn't have a tattoo," Poppy said. "But not only that, but once Ryder was being loud in the middle of the day, just being a normal two year old, and the girl yelled at us to make him shut up, and that got Ryder to cry."

       "Okay," Elliot said. "And you want us to be extremely loud to annoy them?"

       "Exactly," I said. "I figured Nick and Munro would love to be little pests because Munro already is."

       "At least I'm not an old man," Munro said, crossing his arm over his chest. 

       Laughlin, thankfully, flicked Munro's forehead. "You're sixteen, grow up," he said.

       Munro just scowled and sat down on the couch. For about three years now, he was a lot grouchier than normal. As much as I hated him calling me names like old man, I also hated seeing him shut himself out from everyone.

       But, I also knew that he loved pranks, so I knew how to get him out of his shell for at least today. "You know," I said to Munro. "The people beside us really hate pranks. I'm sure they would hate being pranked on by someone a few years younger."

       Munro looked at me. "Can I?" he asked.

       "Please," I said. "Really, I want them to regret being absolute sons of bi....jerks." I really had to stop swearing around Ryder

       Ryder walked out of the bedroom where he was currently coloring in his book. He spotted Elizabeth and smiled, hurrying over. "Liz!" he said, hugging his one year old cousin. Elizabeth said something in her toddler language and hugged him back. They were definitely going to be best friends when they were older.

       Munro got up from the couch and went to the kitchen, looking for a few things. He huffed and turned to me. "Do you have vinegar, baking soda, paper towels, and a water bottle?" he asked.

       I furrowed my eyebrows and got all four of those things out. "What are you making?" I asked.

       "Something," he muttered, taking them to the table and began working on whatever he was.

       "Do you guys have a canoe?" Nick asked. "I've always wanted to go canoeing."

       "Yeah, we do," I said. "Laughlin, can you help me get it out of the shed?"

       "Sure," he said, so we walked to the shed with me bringing the keys to unlock it. And, of course, those girls were outside.

       They both walked over. "Need help?" one asked.

       "First of all, no," I said. "And second, I'd rather not have help from the people constantly throwing parties and refusing to turn down the music."

       She shrugged and looked at Laughlin with a smile. "We're throwing a party tonight," she said. "You should come."

       "Another one?" I asked. "Holy crap, how many do you have to throw?"

       "As much as we want," she said. "Everyone loves it so we can't let the guests down."

       "Sorry, but I'd rather not go to a party," Laughlin said. 

       "It will be fun," she said.

       "Yeah, but then my wife would get mad at me, so no thanks," Laughlin said.

       "Your wife?" she asked. "You're married?"

       "Yeah," Laughlin said. "So, no party for me." Laughlin and I finally got the canoe out and I locked the storage before we dragged it to the yard.

       And at that moment, Ryder ran out of the house and to the lake. I quickly caught up to him and picked him up, making him laugh. "Why do you keep doing this?" I asked.

       "It's fun!" he said. "Ooh, a boat! Me too?!"

       "After your nap," I said.

       Ryder huffed as Laughlin and I went back into the house. "Can I go in the canoe now?" Nick asked.

       "Yeah, I'll go with you," Laughlin said. "Munro, want to come?"

       "Not yet," he muttered, still making whatever it was he was making. "Two minutes."

       I sat down beside Poppy on the couch. "Guess who's throwing yet another party tonight?" I asked.

       Poppy groaned. "Are you kidding me?" she asked.

       "Don't worry," I said. "We are going to have a karaoke party tonight and sing as loud and horrible as we can. Ooh, we'll get Ryder and Elizabeth to do a duet."

       "Elizabeth can barely form words," Elliot said.

       "Exactly," I said. "It will just be two toddlers being really loud, which will really annoy the guests at the party and make them not want to come more."

       "Good point," Elliot said.

       Munro got up from the table, carrying the water bottle filled with vinegar and a rolled up paper towel. "Munro, don't tell me...." Laughlin said with a sigh. "You got in trouble for setting one off at school."

       "Yeah, but this isn't school," Munro said. "Grayson said I can prank them so if you'll excuse me, I am going to set this baking soda and vinegar rocket off on their lawn."

       "Be careful, two of them are out there," I said.

       Munro left the cabin and ran back in a few seconds later and to the window facing their cabin. "Yes!" he said. "It made them scream so loud! Okay, now I can go on the canoe."

___________________

The chapters are going to be a bit short, and there shouldn't be many left. I'm going to try finishing it before I go out of town so I can start Dax's second book there. :) Even if I don't finish it before I go out of town, I'll get Dax's book up before I leave because I have a really old version of Wattpad on my tablet and I can't bring my laptop.

KARAOKE PARTY NEXT CHAPTER. WOO!