Im Ready (Devin Gordon)

I walk into my boyfriends house with a bag of munchies. I decided to surprise him with a little session of Netflix and chill ( minus the nasty nasty) since it was a Sunday and he told me he wasn't feeling so well. I walk in and head to his room. I hear a females voice as I get closer. I hope it's the tv or phone or something but I know damn well what it really is. I swing his door open to see him making out with a girl. My first reaction is to beat the crap outta the both of them but tears run down my face before I have the chance. "It's not what it looks like y/n" thot #1 aka my ex says as I walk out. "I don't even wanna look at your pathetic face right now, go finish with your little hoe".

* * *

I lay in my bed with the bag off munchies eating while I cry. I shouldn't feel pathetic, I didn't do anything wrong. My thoughts are cut off when I get a phone call from my best friend Devin. "Wassup Dev" I say into the phone. "What's wrong, you don't sound good y/n?" he asks. "He cheated" I say letting out a cry. "Get dressed I'm picking you up" he says hanging up.

* * *

I hop into Devins car. "You didn't have to come over here, I think I'd be better alone" I said to him. "I'm not gonna leave you alone y/n. Let's chill ma. How does a movie and fro-yo sound?" He smiles and squeezes my thigh. "That sounds amazing" I say, smiling back at him.

                     *               *              *

Once we get out of the theatre (lololol get it) after seeing the movie "Get Out", me and Devin decide we don't want fro-yo because we pigged out on popcorn. "Devin, can you stay over tonight, I don't wanna be alone"I ask. "Nah" he responds, I give him the death stare. "You're really disrespectful to be honest" I say. "I thought you wanted to be alone" he says laughing and putting his arm around me. "You know I love you y/n" he says into my hair. "Mmhmm" I say, trying to hold in my smile.

                          *                *            *

We got to my house and Devin sat at the edge of my bed while I got some clothes to change into. "Dev I got some pj's for you" I said, handing him fuzzy booty shorts with polka dots. "I would put them on but they're way to small for my fatty" he says, "but I think you should put them on" he says, pulling me in to his lap. "Let's cuddle" he says. I lay down and he lays down behind me, putting his arms around me. "Y/n, I don't know why anyone would wanna hurt you, you're the funniest, smartest, most beautiful girl I know. Anyone would be lucky to just have you smile at them, let alone date you. I'll always be there for you. And this may not be a good time, but I like you more than a friend, and when you're ready, I wanna make you happy because that's what you deserve". I immediately turn around, straddle him, and kiss him. "I'm ready" I say, smiling.